Yet another bridge pickup recommendation.

js90lx

• Members

I have a Air Norton, Fast Track 1, and a Tone Zone just laying around. I have an RG550 that needs new pickups. Sounds like a match right. Well the problem is I am not sure If I will like the Tone Zone. I have recently started getting in the heavier side of things. When I say heavy I mean Megadeth RIP era and old school Metallica. Would an X2N be better suited? Would the X2N over power the Air Norton(going in the neck)? Should I just stick with the Tone Zone?

• Members

It's just solder...try em and see, though I suspect you may overpower that Norton in the neck with a X2N.....but if that's the kinda music you're gonna be playing...what the {censored} do you care if the neck pup gets overpowered...ya ain't gonna be usin' it!:lol:

I have a Tonezone rail and a fast Track rail on the way to try in one of my strats (Peavey)...cannot wait....

• Members

Yeah I will be using the neck pickup I actually use it alot. I am not changing the pickups...someone else will do that. Why? I had a bad time doing it before ...solder and I do not get along. I think I may just go ahead with the Tone Zone if no one else can give me a reason not to.

Archived