Is this a good deal?

Davgar97

• Members

Recently I've been wanting a Strat (I think I've finally caught GAS), normally I'm more of a LP guy but I really want something with single coils, so I've had a look on some guitar sites and i've found this:

photo.php?id=12358

It's a Fender Lite Ash Strat with Seymour Duncan APS pickups, birdseye maple c shape neck, and ash body.

It's

• Members

I had one. It was okay, but the stock pickups were very microphonic and the frets were uneven enough that it couldn't be set up with action as low as I like. Not a keeper for me.

Wow, I am surprised to hear that about your pickups. The pickups on mine were some of the best sounding strat pickups I have ever heard.

I agree about the general neck setup. Although my frets were pretty even, I never could get the action set up to my liking. Too bad, because the V-neck was extremely comfortable.

I think I paid about $429 for mine used and ended up getting about $400 for it when I sold it.

I know things can get expensive in the UK (at least the dollar is weak now), but $629 sounds pretty steep for this guitar. I think you would be better off getting a used American series or maybe a Highway 1 strat.

• Members

Yeah things do seem to be a bit more expensive over here. I think I'll keep an eye out in some guitar shops for a second hand strat, I'll probably try to avoid ebay for the moment because of all the fakes on it and also because of the possibility of it not being packed properly and getting damaged in transit.

• Members

Living in Europe and being used to european prices i think it seems to be a very decent price.

But only if the neck is in perfect order, no reason to pay full price for a P.O.S just because it has a Fender decal on the headstock.

• Members

Wow, I am surprised to hear that about your pickups. The pickups on mine were some of the best sounding strat pickups I have ever heard.

I agree about the general neck setup. Although my frets were pretty even, I never could get the action set up to my liking. Too bad, because the V-neck was extremely comfortable.

I think I paid about $429 for mine used and ended up getting about $400 for it when I sold it.

I know things can get expensive in the UK (at least the dollar is weak now), but $629 sounds pretty steep for this guitar. I think you would be better off getting a used American series or maybe a Highway 1 strat.

Surprised me too. Generally I like Duncans. I had the Lite Ash Tele and thought it sounded great.

• Members

Living in Europe and being used to european prices i think it seems to be a very decent price.

But only if the neck is in perfect order, no reason to pay full price for a P.O.S just because it has a Fender decal on the headstock.

I get what your saying about paying for the name, but i'm definately going to try one out before i part with any money.

• Members

I own one and it's incredibly good....just not at that price. I don't know what happened to the prices but I got mine for 500 bucks new from Sam Ash. The pickups sound very nice indeed. Not too harsh. Once you get it set up or set it up yourself, the neck feels very smooth. Very tough guitar. I don't know whats up with all the dislike. I played some of the American strats and this 1,500 "relic" strat and I still prefer the lite ash strat. Must be my preference though.

• Members
for that much, you could prolly get a Japanese strat from Ishibashi, there killer guitars, and lately they havent been shipping the japanese fenders to us americans(
:idk:
) but def. look into that

I haven't heard of this brand before, I've just had a quick look on google and can't seem to find any UK shops selling them but i'll have a proper look tomorrow when I've got a bit more time. Cheers for the info.

Archived