REPLICA VINTAGE BAR MAGNET

JazzBluesRock

• Members

Hello members,

I'm from Italy and I'am a pickup builder, I'm 25 years old..:eek:

My father and me made a lot of work for several years behind an original vintage Gibson magnet, 60.0mm ..

Now we have perfectly reproduce it and I assure you ..

my pickup replica vintage now sounds like an original vintage PAF..

the best comparison I've listen is with a Gibson SG'61.. quite the same.

with me a very good luthier,a vintage guitar collector and my father.

my question is :

Did you know someone who make the same try and that reach good results !? now he sells only magnets !? :idea:

Or ..

did you know someone who in the past go at the Namm show only with a magnets in his hands !? :freak:

If someone wants to listen them.. Soon I will have sound clip on my site..

Greetings from ITALY

• Members

Right, because everyone who can't speak English is a troll. This guy could be legit.

Sourcing for magnets like that is something you'd be best off asking of Andrew at Tonerider (PM to Tonerider on here) and Jay Abend (Guitarfetish, he posts on here but I think his PM box is full) to find out some contacts for sourcing, I'm sure they'd be happy to provide you contact info to some wholesalers. Both of them have very good PAF clones.

• Members

Read some of the post in that link, he's posted waffle all over that board and refused to give any evidence. Probable troll. I dont care what language is his first.:rolleyes:

He is also saying that HE is able to give you the best damn magnet ever, personally i like the sound of Toneriders so far.

• Members

Is it:

Long or Short?('57-'60 have long mags, '61-later have Short)

Alnico II, III, IV or V? (most claims that Gibson used all types in the 50s)

rough cast or smooth?(50s are rough cast)

Alnico is an alloy of Aluminum, nickel, and copper. does it have the same formulation as the 50s mags?

same gauss?

and, PAFs on a '61 SG are different than from the 50s

• Members

Yes Members..

excuse for my bad english firstly..

Before to open the thread here I was on another forum..like someone post.. and I receive the record of visits and comments in few days..

Now they ask me to wait the members opinion and to not post again.. (perhaps for my baaaad english .. and becouse I fight with someone)

Anyway I have really a gooood magnet.. it's very near to the vintage sound becouse my father and I look for this..

I like that someone will listen it but.. I have to update my website.. then everyone can visit it , I hope .

I sell my magnets at 10 euros at couple and someone said they're pricely.. also if never listen

anyhow the difference with the others is really big.. I don't care someone buy its magnets at 2.5$ .. mine are different.

I can send my short magnets of 60. mm if someone is intrested..

But I don't want to sent samples for free and above all pay the shipment cost becouse on the other forum I pay so much and I still wait for members opinion.. then they pass my mags from a hand to another and I don't know if one day they return Back.. I think no honestly.

I think it's better to wait sound clips also if my magnets merits to be played .. i don't think that a registration give the same feelings but they say the tape no lie .. and so ..

The measures are 60.0 mm but i reproduce it longer. (63.5)

the alloy is quite perfectly reproduced .. we choose to not miss the factory impurityes, and everything can gives that sound.. the alloy is the same of the original with some personal modifications .. gauss and other particulars are original and, scuse me but, also secrets.

Like I said my father and me works behind this magnets for years..

then.. i never speack about 50's .. I tell you I take an original PAF.. the best I play..

like you said Gibson uses all types of alnico and that period was full of experiments .. but I compare my pickups with an original '61 SG and they results better in some ways..

I don't want to write bull{censored}s..

Archived