fender amp guys

Leftovercrack

• Members

why is it too much for the bedroom? just asking cause i have one that i use in the house all the time with no problems? infact right now its my only amp and probably will be for a long time. it sounds great at low volumes.

I find that my twin sounds best cranked and playing an 85 watt amp on +7 in a bedroom is just silly. Nobody says you can't though.

I have a silver face Deluxe Reverb that has no problems keeping up with a loud drummer, but I put a 25 watt Celestion Greenback in it...that made it a small amount more efficient...unless I needed to play a metal show I am pretty well covered.....

• Members

i posted this over in the amp forum but didnt really get any responses, so im looking to upgrade my fender hot rod deville to something that sounds better. im looking for another fender style amp and i really like the twin reverb but its a bit pricey for me. i was wondering what else i should be looking at. whats the deluxe reverb like? im a regular gigging musician (with a crazy heavy handed drummer) so im worried about maintaining head room. i rely on pedals for all my dirt aswell. and ive never played a vibrolux either im thinking 40 watts should be enough. oh and what are good prices for some of these amps used too

Put some new speakers in your cab and you'll be happy. A lot of people like Jensen C12's ($80) or P12's ($200)

• Members

The Bassman is sweet but in my opinion the cleans are not as good as the Blackface amps. My friend has one, it's a loud amp, but it likes to be dirty. The Deluxe can keep up with a hard hitting drummer (I play with one!) but getting the pure clean might be pushing it. I'd go with a Super.

Archived