Gibson Classic 57 pickup

Hoodoo

• Members

Is there really a big difference in the classic 57 pickup vs. the "plus" version? I know the plus is a little hotter from a few more winds. But is it any better in tone, can i just put my bridge pickup a little closer to the strings for a hotter sound?

I have a guy trying to sell me two classic 57's and i was originally going to get one classic and one plus classic. Wondering if i should bite and take the two 57's for a great deal and drop the 57 plus.

Any thoughts?

• Members

Take the deal.

You can always turn around later and trade/sell the Gibson pickups. 57 Classics are iconic. There will always be someone around that wants them.

Or, you can take the one out of your bridge and add something higher powered in there when the opportunity arises and save the 57 for another neck pickup position...

If the deal is good, then take it. You can't really go wrong. After all, any other pickup with a cover will basically look right anyway...

Aloha:blah:

• Members

Thanks, good points. Can't wait to hear these babies sing, nothing like a gibson humbucker. Now i can look forward to putting em in, i hate doing pickup changes in a semi hollow bodies. I just need to get a lp!

• Members

Thanks, good points. Can't wait to hear these babies sing, nothing like a gibson humbucker. Now i can look forward to putting em in, i hate doing pickup changes in a semi hollow bodies. I just need to get a lp!

Damn. Those pups in a semi are one of my favorite combos ever. I envy you sir.

Archived