So, I ditched the ashtray bridge on my tele.

Cyber_Chyld

• Members

Hello!

This is rock-lobster's attorney. Rock-lobster is not legally obligated to post personally in any thread of which the subject is:

(a) A new guitar

(b) A modification to a guitar

without appropriate pictures validating the topic and content of the original post.

(Translation: PICS!)

• Members

Hello!

This is rock-lobster's attorney. Rock-lobster is not legally obligated to post personally in any thread of which the subject is:

(a) A new guitar

(b) A modification to a guitar

without appropriate pictures validating the topic and content of the original post.

(Translation: PICS!)

I might stick some up tomorrow, if only to upset the purists!

• Members

. Leo Fender made changes to these guitars all the time. He obviously felt there was room for improvement to the '52 Tele since he made many changes to his original design before he left Fender. I don't see how one can be slighted for modding a component of his guitar that he doesn't like.

You asshats belong in the amp forum.

HNBD.

BLASPHEMY!!!

:D

• Members

Alright, alright, everyone has to admit it at some point, and here I am admitting it.

On this subject gentleman, I was pwnt and exposed as a n00b :cop:

I've been strumming around on my tele with that six saddle bridge for a couple of days now. And I have to admit that some of the magic, and love for the guitar has gone without the ashtray.

It's that 'clank' and 'springy-ness' that really defines 'that' tele sound. It's just not there without the three saddle bridge :cry:

What it sounds like now is more along the lines of a hard-tail strat. Which, for me is a bad thing as I find strats the most boring, generic sounding guitars (contensious I know, but true).

So, I've just been surfing 'the bay', and have just bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200206464496

This really could be, I think, having my cake and eating it.

I've been thinking for the past couple of days that this is exactly what would be perfect. Well, in a few days I'll let you know.

I have a gig next week. Hopefully I'll have it by then to give a proper road test.

Archived