bacchus guitars

ilovemystrat

• Members
  • Members

never heard of them stopping production. late 90s they stopped making their vintage types to concentrate on original designs but maybe those didn`t sell very well so they restarted the vintage clones a couple of years later. not only did they not stop production but they came out with some custom shop guitars and even more new models. they are one company that is not afraid to push the envelope, their headstock has changed over the years too and they have outsoursed their low end stuff as so many here have.

• Members

OH I see, thought you meant all Bacchus were out of production...you mean just the oil finishes...I see oil finishes listed in the 2008 catalog. Maybe they went out of production since the catalog was printed.

• Members

i asked in early january, that what they said...

strange huh... im gonna check them out tmorrow...

alot of the oiled ones are gone, but the 2 duke models are still there, and a tele. theyve brought in a few (nitro?) finished models in the duke price range as well including the all mahogany one. very shiny - literally.

they used to have oil finished SG's, jr's, jaguars, j- bass's and all sorts of other things.

• Members

nitro finishes are not new to Bacchus, they had high ends that were not in catalogs years ago as well when they were still building the vintage series with bacchus on the headstock...they still build em for a coupld of shops that I know of but without Bacchus on the vintage style headstock. They still list some oil finished basses in 2008. I have two oils that were not I any catalogs I have...can`t always go by what is shown in their catalogs, they made a lot of stuff thats not listed.

forsaleIII329.jpg

forsaleIII134.jpg

• Members

nitro finishes are not new to Bacchus, they had high ends that were not in catalogs years ago as well when they were still building the vintage series with bacchus on the headstock...they still build em for a coupld of shops that I know of but without Bacchus on the vintage style headstock. They still list some oil finished basses in 2008. I have two oils that were not I any catalogs I have...can`t always go by what is shown in their catalogs, they made a lot of stuff thats not listed.

forsaleIII329.jpg

forsaleIII134.jpg

That's amazing.

Archived