Fender Stage 112SE vs. Fender Deluxe 112 plus

Doctor Morbius

• Members

Not sure if you're talking about the deluxe 90 DSP or not, but I love it so much. It's my main gigging amp.

Great clean channel..step on the bad monkey for smooth OD channel, then use the amps dirty channel for leads and boost. The distortion channel is not my fav, but through the BM and for leads it sounds pretty good.

Is this what you're talking about?

PIC-0093.jpg

• Members

Why? Just because you can get a deal on it doesn't mean you should buy it. Looking at your sig, there is ZERO reason for you to buy one.

The other guitarist in my band had the Deluxe 90 for awhile (broke after a year), and the Princeton 65 (similar amp, the "dyna-touch" series Fender SS) was my second amp. They're okay as far as generic solid state amps go...but why????

Get a real Fender amp and now we're talking!

• Members

I value your input and experience. Define "real" Fender amp. :D

Why? Just because you can get a deal on it doesn't mean you should buy it. Looking at your sig, there is ZERO reason for you to buy one.

The other guitarist in my band had the Deluxe 90 for awhile (broke after a year), and the Princeton 65 (similar amp, the "dyna-touch" series Fender SS) was my second amp. They're okay as far as generic solid state amps go...but why????

Get a real Fender amp and now we're talking!

• Members

I value your input and experience. Define "real" Fender amp.
:D

Tubes :D

In the case of the RIs (presuming you're not looking at vintage amps)...Deluxe/Super/Twin Reverb, Bassman RI, Princeton Recording sounds alright. The classic designs.

As I said, those amps aren't bad for what they are. But if you've already got a SuperChamp XD, Vox AD, and a Peavey Classic, I doubt you'd ever find much reason to pick a SS Fender over any of the aforementioned amps.

A nice blackface or tweed Fender...now that's worth adding!

• Members

I had a Deluxe 112 Plus for a number of years. It's an OK little amp and the cleans are decent. The gain channel can get pretty agressive as well. My biggest problem with the amp was that it sounded thin with the band (country) and didn't really give the mojo I was looking for.

BTW, if you get to try it out, be advised that the volume dials in really quick. Once you hit about 4 on the knob, you're pretty much there as anything over 5 starts to add clipping more than anything else!

Archived