Big Apple/Double Fat strats?

Faber

• Members

My uncle has two Big Apple Strats, they are his favorite. There is a 5-way switch so you do a get some coils splitting tones but none of the positions are overly Stratty. It is far more Gibsonesque than Stratty in my opinion. Adding a single coil in the middle would go a long way to adding some Strat tones.

• Members

A lot of people will disagree, but just because it's shaped like a Strat and made of Ash doesn't mean it will have Strat character.

It's my main guitar and it is awesome.

So it's what? More SG/LP like then?

What are the neck like on them btw? Skinny? Fat?

• Members

So it's what? More SG/LP like then?

What are the neck like on them btw? Skinny? Fat?

Yeah, for sure. They have a great fat sound. The necks are pretty skinny though. They have a 1 11/16" width, which is really comfortable for me, and a soft C shape.

I have the Big Apple, btw. It's an extremely versatile guitar. I've been in everything from surf rock to death metal bands with it, and never wanted form more.

• Members

Yeah, for sure. They have a great fat sound. The necks are pretty skinny though. They have a 1 11/16" width, which is really comfortable for me, and a soft C shape.

I have the Big Apple, btw. It's an extremely versatile guitar. I've been in everything from surf rock to death metal bands with it, and never wanted form more.

A strat that sounds like an SG? I like the sound of that.I must admit I asked cause ther's A Big Apple for sale locally. The skinny neck doesn't sound like my thing, but I guess I'd have to try it out.

Archived