DigiTech

garage_logician

• Members

I have the RP350 and I can do this already.
:idk:

I don't believe you can do this globally on your RP350 (at least I can't do it with my RP250), ie: set up all patches with amp/cab modeling and just push the button to turn it off for all patches when running directly into an amp.

• Members

I don't believe you can do this globally on your RP350 (at least I can't do it with my RP250), ie: set up all patches with amp/cab modeling and just push the button to turn it off for all patches when running directly into an amp.

Your prolly right....I just set the amp modelling to "direct". Seemed to achieve the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong. :idk:

• Members

Your prolly right....I just set the amp modelling to "direct". Seemed to achieve the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
:idk:

no, you're right, it does achieve the same thing, the difference with the RP150/250/350 is that you have to either manually edit the patch in order to get the "direct" setting or if it's already set to direct you have to manually edit it to set up amp/cab modeling. You can save the same patch using amp/cab modeling for one preset and then using direct on another preset, but that takes up 2 banks.

with the RP500, you just have your patches set up with amp/cab modeling and instead of going in an editing each patch, or having to save 2 copies of each patch if you plan on playing sometimes with the amp/cab sims and sometimes directly into an amp, you just press the amp/cab bypass button and all of your presets automatically switch to "direct" mode when desired.

• Members

That's looks like someone who actually plays guitar designed it. I returned my RP-350 because I didn't like the "scroll through" via toe tap to find what I was looking for. This seems to offer boaf.

I agree this one seems better designed.

I use my RP350 while connected to my computer, makes editing/creating/changing patches a breeze with the software.

• Members

I use the GNX3000, and can't say enough great things about it. The RP500 is apparently a new model. The ability to switch on/off the dist/fx/delay is what got me into the 3000. Some people don't like the modeling (and I will admit that the RP series modeling is a bit generic), but for the beginner to intermediate player, it's a lot of bang for the buck. I would still recommend the GNX3k or the GNX4 if you are more serious about tonal quality.

• Members

I use the GNX3000, and can't say enough great things about it. The RP500 is apparently a new model. The ability to switch on/off the dist/fx/delay is what got me into the 3000. Some people don't like the modeling (and I will admit that the RP series modeling is a bit generic), but for the beginner to intermediate player, it's a lot of bang for the buck. I would still recommend the GNX3k or the GNX4 if you are more serious about tonal quality.

The old RP modelers sounded like crap. But have you tried out the new RP series with the Audio DNA2 chip? One of the best sounding modelers I've heard. I would consider this unit a rival to the Vox Tonelab and the Line 6 Pod X3.

• Members

i've been suckered into getting two different digitech RP units. they're fun when you first get them but after a week you start to realize "hey, this sounds like {censored}. no, it sounds like FAKE {censored}."

Maybe this one is better than their previous stuff, but I'd be weary of it.

• Members

+1

I have a RP250 and GNX-4

i've been suckered into getting two different digitech RP units. they're fun when you first get them but after a week you start to realize "hey, this sounds like {censored}. no, it sounds like FAKE {censored}."

• Members

The old RP modelers sounded like crap. But have you tried out the new RP series with the Audio DNA2 chip? One of the best sounding modelers I've heard. I would consider this unit a rival to the Vox Tonelab and the Line 6 Pod X3.

I compared the RP350 side by side with the GNX3000 and there are strength's and weakness' to both. You can read about my experiences here. Additionally, my review of the RP350 is here.

• Members

+1000000000

Hahaha, had the RP100 for about the same amount of time before I got tired of it. Pawned!

Archived