I just spent

the_huge

• Members

Yeah, and the Clapton sig Martin isn't any better.

I tell you what... and I don't mean to be hatin on Martin and I'd never hate on Clapton, but one of my local GCs has that lighter colored Clapton sig Martin and I swear, it feels outstanding, and it's probably one of the least vibrant sounding guitars that costs over $1000 at that location. Last time I was in there, it was hanging right next to a 1972 or 1974 D28 that was less than $2,000 that sounded LITERALLY 10 times better.

It was like going from a $130 laminated Yamaha to a Larrivee or something.

• Members

I tell you what... and I don't mean to be hatin on Martin and I'd never hate on Clapton, but one of my local GCs has that lighter colored Clapton sig Martin and I swear, it feels outstanding, and it's probably one of the least vibrant sounding guitars that costs over $1000 at that location. Last time I was in there, it was hanging right next to a 1972 or 1974 D28 that was less than $2,000 that sounded LITERALLY 10 times better.

I know, I was just joking. sort of. I did play one at GC and did not like it. Put it down and picked up a J45, and that was awesome. But now this is starting to sound like the Acoustic Guitar forum.....

• Members

Most reviewers love the Belleza Clapton Martins (000-ECHF) (particularly the original issue in black, less so the second issue in white). Whether they're worth the ~$5000 street price is another question, of course.

• Members

this pedal is crap, if you really want a general clapton sound, you need a good chorus, maybe a leslie emulator, and a nice tubescreamer and tube amp.

:eek:

Ya mean that $100 pedal alone won't make me sound exactly like a strung out herion junkie playing through $100,000 of vintage gear?

Damn the false advertising. :mad:

• Members

:eek:

Ya mean that $100 pedal alone won't make me sound exactly like a strung out herion junkie playing through $100,000 of vintage gear?

Damn the false advertising.
:mad:

I'm just trying to say that you shouldn't just tell someone to buy a pedal like that, because a person might just go a head and buy it without looking at reviews or anything. The better thing to have said would have been there's a clapton pedal that captures some of his basic sounds, but if you could probably get his sound better with a $400 guitar and a few basic stomp pedals.

Archived