Head or Combo Amp under $1000

burton4snow

• Members

I am looking for a an amp $1000 and under that i can get a good Bluesy Grease to Marshall crunch in a bedroom setting to garage setting. Saw the Nano Zvex on YouTube, it looks pretty cool. Any other suggestions? What is a good 1X12 cabinet to pair up with that Nano Zvex?

• Members

Those Fender Hot Rods are pretty nice. You can defintely do blues, and it gets crunchy as you turn it up. Personally, I'm using a Laney GH50L, and it does crunch very well. HOwever, for blues, and lower gain stuff, I use the clean channel, and an OD pedal.

• Members

You could get a Carvin Nomad or Bel-Air, good for both. Also check out Sonicord Amps. They have a wonderful little handwired combo for like $700 that's based on some old amp circuit from 1949. It's supposed to sound amazing according to the Guitar World review. Another I strongly recommend is the Fender Custom Vibrolux. You get one of those, a Throbak Overdrive Boost, and maybe an OCD, and you'[ll have yourself some tone. Believe me.

• Members

Check out ebay for a Genz benz Black Pearl. Mine is awesome! I have the Combo 1X12. 30/18/8 watt. You should hear it thru my Carvin 4X12 V3 Cab. It will blow you way. I got mine brand new for 850.00 from Music Express.
It also sounds great with the Eminence Red Fang 12 " speaker that it comes stock within. You will be satisfied...Black Pearl!

Archived