How long until companies are ready for Vista?

alphajerk

• Members

i think to some extent it does... that and things that push current capabilities... like the 3D apps. and video/compositing apps for that matter [ahy im suprised AE is only 32bit on the new release]

i think vista right now is a corporate production thing right now, and home use... neither really need "extra" on their machines, as long as Office works, they are golden.

• Members

dude, i guess you dont run VSTi's much. i can KILL my 32 bit OS in a few of them plus audio tracks due to the lack of addresable RAM. its NEEDED, like NOW, plus if you do any post sort of stuff it would certainly be nice.

• Members

I have had good luck on everything except an old iBook of a friends, but, that worked once I tried the alternate build....Open Office needs to get seamless, once that is done, linux is totally viable for nearly all basic uses.

• Members

im having a blast with Vista so far... i just see a lot of little bitches otherwise about it, nothing of any REAL substance. i just want it [and all OS's] to operate at the 64bit level with a load of RAM addressing.

there just isnt enough out there for linux to even be a candidate for anything past server OS, renderfarms, and other type uses... its just not worthy for production work.

Archived