S-SZH-S in a Strat

danuniversal

• Members

What do i need to know if i want to change pickups in a Stratocaster?

I want to keep the neck and bridge pickups, but i wanna change the middle to a Single coil size humbucker.

Is suppose that the middle should be rw/rp to make hum cancelation in 2 and 4 position. But in the Seymour duncan Catalogue and the web page, in the "single coil size humbucker" pickups description theres no information about rw/rp.

Do i need rw/rp?

And i do not want the common "quack" in 2 and 4, i want the "humbucker" sound in 2 and 4. I though that it is called "series wired", but could you confirm this?

Thanks.

• Members

There's no such thing as a RWRP humbucker since there are two coils in a humbucker which are RWRP to each other.

If you want a thicker sound in the combos, why don't you try an HxH or HSH setup with coil taps on the humbuckers so you can have a single-coil-like sound with the coils tapped.

• Members

There's no such thing as a RWRP humbucker since there are two coils in a humbucker which are RWRP to each other.

If you want a thicker sound in the combos, why don't you try an HxH or HSH setup with coil taps on the humbuckers so you can have a single-coil-like sound with the coils tapped.

Well, i am trying to not do it.

See this http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1047661

I really need a true single coil sound in the bridge.

• Members

Well, i am trying to not do it.

See this
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1047661

I really need a true single coil sound in the bridge.

Well, in that case... You're looking for one guitar to do the job of two. To some extent it's possible, but you're going to have to make compromises for one tone or the other.

If you want to see my success at having one guitar do everything... Look at my sig. :thu:

Archived