Lefsetz on the American Idol Finale

• Members

i sho do be likin' yo Tom Sawyer thang you be gottsin'!

As far as ahatin' be goes, i be thinkin' dat be one o th small funnins about it an most all kinds a thangs. Who dont be likin to lob tomaters at the stage?!?

An a course dis here place an da internets in general is all parts of da sykologgical essperimentations ta be keepin da peepels down and givs em a vote too. where else could unedjamicated dimwits likin u an me gets to be makin speaches an' peepels be listen'

(Oh man, that took way too much time. Is there a speech converter on the 'net somewhere?)

Haw haw... I imagine Larry the Cable Guy doing this rap, and can't help but do a belly laugh!!

• Members

I never watch "American Idol", but that's more because I don't have enough time, and I don't listen to very much mainstream music to begin with. A lot of people at my work watch "AI" and "Dancing with the Stars" and seem to enjoy it. Almost everywhere I work, I seem to be the oddball anyway, so I just chalk this up to another case of that. I heard that there was someone beatboxing on "AI", so that's kinda cool, but the music there doesn't interest me at all.

• Members
and you know what? even those who can see the {censored}can the nation/world is in doesnt have the time to do {censored} about it, because our lives are being so heavily levied now that we are more concerned with feeding our families and "getting by" than having the time to fight the power. so we are basically slaves.

this nation is seriously {censored}ed up right now.... and people cant see it because they are too distracted by shiny little objects. who the {censored} cares about ANY contestant on americant idol?!? who cares about any of tabloid america?!? when you think about the {censored}storm we are in, maybe it feels "safer" to tune on and tune out to americant idol.

Yo, you right but it even worse!!!

We all gonna die. Every one a us jus gonna crumble into dus an die. An ALL this "music" jus distractin us from the REALITY that we the walkin dead. So yo, check it out, American Idol jus the tip a the ice. We should jet all music, not jus American Idol, cause its all jus "shiny little objects" distractin us from the fac that we all gonna die. :rolleyes:

• Members

Maaaaaaaan, Where in Gods name did I wind my self up? Is this place the HQ for cynical people inc? Every dam thread the glass half empty. the music biz, American Idol, Firewire, you name it, everyone hatin on everythin. Everyone come here to complain? You all unhappy? Aint nothin right in you lives?

There might be some of that "grandpa-ism" going on (" You can this REAL music? Why, when I was a kid, people didn't have AutoTune and looping! We had to play real instruments that we carried uphill with us for three miles while it was snowing!!!")

But to be fair, we're a bunch of recording engineers and musicians here. If WE didn't care about the current state of music, who would??? :D

• Members

There might be some of that "grandpa-ism" going on ("
You can this REAL music? Why, when I was a kid, people didn't have AutoTune and looping! We had to play real instruments that we carried uphill with us for three miles while it was snowing!!!
")

But to be fair, we're a bunch of recording engineers and musicians here. If WE didn't care about the current state of music, who would???
:D

Grandpa-ism. I luv that! Grampa-ism.

That jus bout sum it up in that Firewire thread.

"What up with Firewire when I was a kid we use a porta studio none a these problem wit a computer etc etc "

Complainin bout Firewire? That so Grampa-ism.

You hit that one on the head!

Anyway, this a cool little wierd place. I dont think I wore out my welcome quite yet. Got a couple peeps pissed off at me, some makin fun a me, alphajerk mad pissed to name one but he mad in a way that make him seem like a cute little animal. Had a tiff with Miss Leeflier but I think we friends in the end. She seem like the type thhat like to have a argument then smooth it out at the end.

Anyway, hope y'all have a blessed sunday.

• Members

Grandpa-ism. I luv that! Grampa-ism.

That jus bout sum it up in that Firewire thread.

"What up with Firewire when I was a kid we use a porta studio none a these problem wit a computer etc etc "

Complainin bout Firewire? That so Grampa-ism.

Using Firewire for audio is kind of like using a car to run over mice. You can, in fact, run over mice with a car, but mouse traps are soooo much more convenient!

Anyway, this a cool little wierd place. I dont think I wore out my welcome quite yet. Got a couple peeps pissed off at me, some makin fun a me, alphajerk mad pissed to name one but he mad in a way that make him seem like a cute little animal. Had a tiff with Miss Leeflier but I think we friends in the end. She seem like the type thhat like to have a argument then smooth it out at the end.

Anyway, hope y'all have a blessed sunday.

You too, and thanks for stopping by the neighborhood. It is indeed a cool little weird place. No one stays mad at anyone else for very long anyway.

• Members

Using Firewire for audio is kind of like using a car to run over mice. You can, in fact, run over mice with a car, but mouse traps are soooo much more convenient!

Yo, I dunno much but I know this. An if it can help someone all the better.

If you gonna use firewire for audio RUN dont WALK ta get a FW card. The firewire that come in the box SUCK for audio. Yeh it work sometime, but if it came wit the puter, it gonna suck, straight up. TI make the best chip, an SIIG make the best card wit the TI chip. It cost nexta nothin, an it make everythin you gonna do MAD better, from usin an interface, to tryin to run over that dam mouse.

Archived