Rush Concert report and question

nuke_diver

• Members

Went to the Rush concert last night with a couple of friends. I was a bit worried since they had played the night before and it was colder than usual here in Calif (all things relative of course :p). The boys did not disappoint putting on a great show and were in fine form and voice. They sure do seem to enjoy playing :thu:

On one song (who's name I wont say because it would be a spoiler and besides I kind of forgot which one :eek:) Alex played a Gibson with a single cut away and a single f-hole (or so it seemed, sorry no picture). I don't recall seeing it last time through and I thought it was an ES-137 but the pictures on MF show it with 2 f-holes.

Was I just missing the other f-hole :confused:. I was pretty close and stone cold sober so I don't have another excuse. It was a gorgous guitar (tobacco burst I believe) :love: though the white ES-335 is still the one who's tone I like the best.

For those who have yet to see them you are in for a treat.

• Members

It's a 1981 (I think) Howard Roberts Fusion. He originally used that guitar on the Moving Pictures and Exit Stage Left tours.
It once had a Kahler installed on it but that was removed and replaced with a normal bridge & tailpice.
For this tour a Fishman piezo bridge was installed.
It's a great sounding guitar and always been one of my favorites of his.

It does have 2 f-holes BTW.

• Members

Yes, _pete_ is correct. It's a Howard Robert's Fusion. The very same one from the Moving Pictures tour I believe. One of Lerxt's other iconic axes in his arsenal. The white 355, though rules all! I was fortunate enough to see them this past April in Jacksonville. What a show :)

• Members
So what's on the setlist this tour??

I'm looking at tickets for the Summerfest Milwaukee tour................

A lot of good songs and some they have not played in a while. No 2112 or closer to the heart this time which is ok. I saw them last september and I am going agin June 9th at the United center in Chicago:thu: This was by far the best I have seen them play.....they do indeed seem to be having more fun on this tour than any other. :)

• Members
A lot of good songs and some they have not played in a while. No 2112 or closer to the heart this time which is ok. I saw them last september and I am going agin June 9th at the United center in Chicago:thu: This was by far the best I have seen them play.....they do indeed seem to be having more fun on this tour than any other.
:)

Actually 2112 (Overture & Temples of Syrinx) is on the setlist for this leg of the tour.

I could post the setlist but some people like to be surprised.

• Members
Actually 2112 (Overture & Temples of Syrinx) is on the setlist for this leg of the tour.

I could post the setlist but some people like to be surprised.

I will neither confirm nor deny that statement :wave:

if you want the setlist you can try here or various other places

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8261

Warning this link leads directly to the set list, if you don't want to know don't click it :cop:

Archived