Creative ways to mimick a violin?

Dado Prso

• Members

Yeah, I was going to mention the "volume swell" technique.

You can also try something like an EH Big Muff Pi with the tone rolled down on your amp.

Thats what I use. I like it on the low end for more of a cello effect. keep the volume down and ease it up on to eliminate any picking or plucking sounds. It takes a little practice but you get some cool effects.

Its weird because to play in time, you have to pluck the string early, and that takes some getting used to

• Members

Creative?

Well I recorded something a few months ago and something got screwed up with the timing. I had to increase the tempo (maintaining the pitch) and it was just a simple preset with some delay in it. It sounds very close to a violin in my opinion. I ended up posting it here: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5868554 just because it was so weird.

• Members

Creative?

Well I recorded something a few months ago and something got screwed up with the timing. I had to increase the tempo (maintaining the pitch) and it was just a simple preset with some delay in it. It sounds very close to a violin in my opinion. I ended up posting it here:
just because it was so weird.

sounds very little like violin and a lot like every other 80s lead guitar sound buried in massive reverb

• Members

sounds very little like violin and a lot like every other 80s lead guitar sound buried in massive reverb

Strange considering there isn't any reverb in there. :freak:

I still think that it has the same type of timbre as a violin as soon as you get passed the 1:00 mark where I stopped playing doublestops and chords that sounded like pure crap.

Either way is fine since it wasn't something that I was doing intentionally, just thought that it sounded more like a violin than a guitar. And others have agreed with me too.

Archived