Can anyone recomend me a good acoustic guitar?

jroutley

• Members

I have always recommended Yamaha. I've had friends that have played there $300 Yamaha acoustic forever and they sound terrific. Ibanez ain't bad either. I had a Takamine myself, it was a nice little mini-jumbo(busted,fell out of the stand).

All of the above mentions +1.

• Members

MF is still selling these for 900+, but a few vendors are selling this guitar for 600.00. (It comes with excellent hardshell case.)

Don't let the Ovation tag allow you to think that this guitar will not be resonant. This guitar is wondrous. And plugged in, it's superb.

Ovation 1778T Elite T

1778t.jpg

http://www.theguitarfactory.com/itemid/2675/#

• Members

i have the seagull rustic mini jumbo and it is a fabulous guitar, under 250. other seagulls are great too and all are made in canada not in asia. amazing prices too. ... solid tops laminated backs (that goes for the seagull mini jumbo too.)

I have one of these too, the Slim model with the thinner neck and I love it to bits. I heartily recommend it to anyone wanting an acoustic in this price range. They set them up kind of high, so make sure you get the action adjusted to a comfortable spot.

• Members

YamahaFG4_web.jpg

wow, you sure know how to bring pics to the internet! And it's still a beautiful guitar. You must be a fingerstyle player given that the pickguard does look rather unscathed. Thanks for the pics! :thu:

• Members

I bought a Zager ZAD-80CE for about $750 and it sounds and plays better than any of the $1500-$2000 Martins and Taylors at GC that I check out to this day. The action is lower and its bright and deep. Its made exclusively for Denny Zager by the same folks who make Sigma's. Denny Zager is the guy who played in that band that did " In the Year 2525" way back when. Just dont request the "string science" that he performs on them to lower the action. Its basically filing out the buzzes anywhere on the neck to get the action as low as possible......A great {censored}in sounding guitar with rosewood back and sides.

edit: Looks like theyve gone up $100 since I bought one 2 years ago but the NON elec/acou version is $750

Archived