So tell me about Parkers

mparsons

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to have a P-38 with H-S-S piezo and Wilkinson trem. It was a really really good guitar, I wish now I'd not sold it, but I got double what I paid for it. You can pic up the P series one pretty cheap and are totally worth it!!

• Members

A guy on here was about to sell me a trans blue P-38.. Ash wood and everything. I've had Parker GAS for a little over two years now, and the thought of owning one gave me HUGE GAS surges.

But he backed out, and I'm left Parkerless with a lot of GAS :lol: Oh well.

• Members

I have 5 different strat versions, and I've been a Fender guy ever since I picked up my first guitar, which is a strat, but my Nitefly is the best-playing guitar I have, even without the piezo bridge. With the added piezo, it simply rules all...

DSC05188.jpg

• Members

Used to have a Parker Singlecut, the USA series. Amazing guitar, and I have no idea why I bought it really. I sold a LP Standard and paid the difference for it. I think I was in a shreddy stage and wanted to work on technique alot, but ended up selling it off and took a massive hit cause no one wanted it.

The Korean Parkers are great guitars as well. I played a PM-20 and it played very similar to my Singlecut for being $700.

• Members

My buddy had a Deluxe and it was incredible. I'm not a big humbucker guy so I probably wouldn't buy one but if I had some extra cash to blow on an HB guitar I'd definitely consider one.

• Members

I found this '97 Parker Nitefly used. I bought it for $399. The neck is carbon-glass-epoxy resin and it plays and feels like a dream. The body is maple and the whole thing is surprisingly light. But, I couldn't get excited about the stock pups, so I swapped them for Bryan Gunsher Phatty SC's and a Pure90 in the bridge. Now, I'm getting some great tones out of her!

I do think that the Parkers with carbon-glass-epoxy resin necks and bodies sound very different than guitars made only of wood. The design really seems to change the way the guitar resonates emphasizing different frequencies. I often use an EQ pedal to pull up the mids on my Nitefly. It has become my favorite player.

Nitefly_Headstock.jpg

Nitefly_Full_Shot.jpg

• Members
I have 5 different strat versions, and I've been a Fender guy ever since I picked up my first guitar, which is a strat, but my Nitefly is the best-playing guitar I have, even without the piezo bridge. With the added piezo, it simply rules all...

DSC05188.jpg

Wanna buy a guitar stand?:poke:

• Members
Post some real pics
:wave:
Does it sound like a tele at all?

A friend of mine got one last year and I had it for a few days to tweak and put it through its paces. Yes, it sounds like a Tele, but not like a good Tele. And no matter what I did, it felt stiff and sounded dry. I wanted to like it, but it needed more than I could give it.

My Fly Classic, however, is another story. It's been my #1 for 9 years. I alternate with my other guitars, but I keep coming back to the Parker for its light weight, versatility and playability. I took it to get a setup a few years ago (not because I thought it needed anything, just to give it a onceover) and the guy told me the only thing he touched was a minor intonation adjustment. It's a rock-solid precision tool that sounds damn good through my Twin.

Highly recommended!

D

• Members

I found this '97 Parker Nitefly used. I bought it for $399. The neck is carbon-glass-epoxy resin and it plays and feels like a dream. The body is maple and the whole thing is surprisingly light. But, I couldn't get excited about the stock pups, so I swapped them for Bryan Gunsher Phatty SC's and a Pure90 in the bridge. Now, I'm getting some great tones out of her!

I do think that the Parkers with carbon-glass-epoxy resin necks and bodies sound very different than guitars made only of wood. The design really seems to change the way the guitar resonates emphasizing different frequencies. I often use an EQ pedal to pull up the mids on my Nitefly. It has become my favorite player.

Wow! That is a beautiful instrument.

Archived