Show your guitar mods!

SpectorDave

• Members

p7170007uv4.jpg

became: (Warmoth pickguard, super distortion, HS-2, super 2, and Series-off-parallel for all 3) in the end, i never was happy with the maple fingerboard, so i put dimarzio hs-2's and hs-3's in it, and gave it back to my dad.

p8060005uu4.jpg

pa100006db5.jpg

became: (Same Dimarzio's that were in the strat, but on a better platform. also, i put in push-pulls for series-parallel switching. a super2 in parallel is the best sounding pickup ever, i swear it.)

p5230042uo3.jpg

DCP01602.JPG

became: (it's a magnum les paul copy. great guitar. had it painted to match my car when my car was painted at the same time, put gibson 490's in it, redid the neck in black, and had it signed by Vince Neil and Mick Mars from motley crue when i met them) it pretty much sits in a closet now, which sucks, cause it's a great sounding axe!)

im000400ox4.jpg

DCP01604.JPG

became: (1978 fender music master. my dad had butchered the original pickguard on it like 20 years ago at least, to look like a 50's music master. it got passed down to my little brother, who put a stupid looking flame job, (if you can even call it that) put a humbucker into it from an old series 10 shredder i had, and had it signed by AFI. I got my hands back on it, and resto-modded it. cant buy repop'd 70's musicmaster pickguards anymore, so a WD 50's one went on, and it was originally olympic white or something like that, but again, 20 years back my dad painted it red, so i stripped it and put it back to white. in that picture it's loaded with you guessed it, a dimarzio hs-2, and a coil tap switch. it's since been redone again in daphne blue, and has two fender single coils in it, kinda needed one in the bridge.)

im000004gz9.jpg

and just for the record, the telecaster in alot of these pictures is also modded, i changed the middle pickup cover to black, instead of aged white.

Archived