Gretsch Pro Jets.?

Q moder

• Members

Has any one played the two different Gretsch ElectromaticSparkle Pro Jets. One is the in the standard Les Paul look of Duo Jets and other is in the Malcom AC/DC Double Cut Pro Jet.

If you have are they both about the same weight? The newest ones are said to be chambered and lighter is that true? It does look as if the Double Cut would be some what lighter too.

I'm interested in the Gold Sparkle color too for some reason. But the Pro Jet single cut looks a more bronze like Gold to me while the Pro Jet double cut seems to be a more Green sort of Lime Gold. Is it my eyes or is this really true?

The double Pro Jet seems to have a longer neck probably just and illusion caused by the double cut. The only question I'd have there is the double cut as well balanced. Of course it does have pretty cool look to it.

I know that these are the cheaper Gretsch line of guitars so I'm not expected a two thousand dollar guitar for five hundred just something like say a Dot is to a 335 or a Icon Hofner bass compared to a German one?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have an older single cut in all-black. Pre-FMI. Very nice guitar. I'm not carzy about the pickups on the newer ones though. To my ear a little more nasely and thinner sounding. Mine with the old buckers can do fat with the tone rolled off and and very jangly like the Filtertrons with the tones pegged. I get along fine with the Bigsby but then I don't use it a lot. I think a wilkinson roller bridge would be the ticket if you plan give the bigsby a workout. Well balanced but very heavy/not chambered. Body is actually a composite material with maple cap.

Mine: pict4009fp9.jpg

• Members

Bigsby's suck, get a hardtail. Oh, and that sparkle finish, it's a thin piece of plastic, same stuff they wrap their drum shells with... get a wood grain or solid color top instead. Also, my 69 was chambered, it adds TONE. That's why they ring so well.

• Members
I have an older single cut in all-black. Pre-FMI. Very nice guitar. I'm not carzy about the pickups on the newer ones though. To my ear a little more nasely and thinner sounding. Mine with the old buckers can do fat with the tone rolled off and and very jangly like the Filtertrons with the tones pegged. I get along fine with the Bigsby but then I don't use it a lot. I think a wilkinson roller bridge would be the ticket if you plan give the bigsby a workout. Well balanced but very heavy/not chambered. Body is actually a composite material with maple cap.

Mine:
pict4009fp9.jpg

Nice Guitar.
Check that Les Paul neck.
Wow.
That is the Bigsby there that would've been better to leave on instead of the B-5 that's on the current ones.
That one you have is Just a better unit altogether.
We have no Master Vol on the lower cut-away either.

• Members

Nice Guitar.

Check that Les Paul neck.

Wow.

That is the Bigsby there that would've been better to leave on instead of the B-5 that's on the current ones.

That one you have is Just a better unit altogether.

We have no Master Vol on the lower cut-away either.

Yeah, that's why I grabbed this model. Neck is set low like a Les Paul and the master volume.

Archived