Howling Wolf told me to take off my shoes at his house.

the_huge

• Members

I once saw Midge Ure not finishing a Pizza in Pizza Hut (in Bath, Somerset) with his kids. I can't remember whether Midge failed to clean his plate, or whether it was one of the kids, but either way I was disgusted. I was tempted to go over and mention starving kids in Africa, but no doubt he too would have told me to {censored} off.

• Members

I could have sworn I read that a bit back. He didn't like what Hendrix did with tunes like "Killing Floor" and when he met him he cold cocked him.

Urban myth -- Wolf did indeed snub Hendrix at NYC's Scene Club and refuse to allow him up to jam, but no fisticuffs were involved. Muddy Waters, on the other hand, did jam with Hendrix and was very gracious to him.

• Members

Urban myth -- Wolf did indeed snub Hendrix at NYC's Scene Club and refuse to allow him up to jam, but no fisticuffs were involved. Muddy Waters, on the other hand, did jam with Hendrix and was very gracious to him.

I figured that much. But hey you need some Urban "Blues" myths floating around.

• Members

From what I've read about Wolf, he was very intense about music and didn't have much appreciation for drugs and booze. He was very down on Sun House about his drinking and told him so. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't care for Lowell George either.

• Members

I think he was just afraid of Hendrix upstaging him. I don't care for either of them but Jimmy would have been over the top and made the "blues legend" regret letting him come up.

• Members

I think he was just afraid of Hendrix upstaging him. I don't care for either of them but Jimmy would have been over the top and made the "blues legend" regret letting him come up.

There are several things wrong about this post, Firstly I don't think Howlin' needs to prove himself by having Jimi up on stage, Of course Jimi would have upstaged him. That's what Jimi did.

Secondly, it is JIMI not Jimmy

• Members

There are several things wrong about this post, Firstly I don't think Howlin' needs to prove himself by having Jimi up on stage, Of course Jimi would have upstaged him. That's what Jimi did.

Secondly, it is JIMI not Jimmy

I saw Howlin' Wolf twice and I have a lot of difficulty in believing that anyone including Jimi could have upstaged him. He was an electrifying live performer.

• Members

I could have sworn I read that a bit back. He didn't like what Hendrix did with tunes like "Killing Floor" and when he met him he cold cocked him.

Total nonsense.

Everyone knows Jimi's version of Killing Floor is like the coolest thing ever.

Archived