How many leave the plastic on the pickguard?

J.L.C.

• Members

I've seen a bunch of pics on here (mostly strats) that still have the US flag on the pickguard.....so I'm assuming the protective plastic is still on there too.

Saw a used strat in a shop the other day that had remnants of the plastic too, looked like hell

Do a lot of guys leave that protector on there???

• Members

Yeah, I've noticed lots of people posting pics of their so-called beloved Strats w/ those flags still present. It makes me think that there's some doubt, some fear of commitment, because if someone really loves a guitar and thinks they're going to keep it, I would think the stickers would come off.

Leaving the decals on is hedging one's bets: "I think I'm going to keep this tremendous guitar, but just in case I decide to unload this thing on eBay, I'll keep the plastic on."

• Members

Well tie me to an anthill and spread my ears with jam...

I leave it on till it starts peeling up too much and it isn't because of a lack of commitment... I let my wife get dressed everyday and it has been 22 years.

To me it is just a few more scratches that never were.

I do peel the labels off of long necks while I am at partys though...

• Members

I've seen a bunch of pics on here (mostly strats) that still have the US flag on the pickguard.....so I'm assuming the protective plastic is still on there too.

Saw a used strat in a shop the other day that had remnants of the plastic too, looked like hell

Do a lot of guys leave that protector on there???

I sure don't. I think it looks bad.

Archived