Saddle question.

frankiej

• Members

Ok so i just put the GFS Steel Saddles on my SX Strat and when i picked it up this morning i noticed that all the saddles were angling to the right. Looks pretty bad since my strings are at the end of the saddles and not in the middle of them like i assume they should be.

How do i get the saddles to be straight? Or is the angling of the saddles normal?

• Members

If it works don't worry about it.

If they look like they're collapsing and going to hell, you might need to do something about it.

I suspect the bolt is too skinny or the saddle holes are too big and sloppy but if they move when you try to intonate, things are working.

Chances are it's a SAE/Metric clash and you need the correct saddles. Are GFS American? Your SX is Asian.

• Members

Sure. If it's not broke,...no need to fix it.

Do you suspect it might be garbage? Or is it still a golden find?

Is this part of the process?

You get what you pay for?

Or somebody else bought it for you and it's not your fault.

And was it was bowed to begin with?

They don't usually go this way before your very eyes do they?

Any SX owners willing to 'fess up?

• Members

Sure. If it's not broke,...no need to fix it.

Do you suspect it might be garbage? Or is it still a golden find?

Is this part of the process?

You get what you pay for?

Or somebody else bought it for you and it's not your fault.

And was it was bowed to begin with?

They don't usually go this way before your very eyes do they?

Any SX owners willing to 'fess up?

Jesus you're a {censored}tard! Were you butthurt by someone who owns a SX or something? Shut the {censored} UP already!

• Members

ill see if i can get a pic taken of it.

the strings seem to line up fine and the the bolt moves when i go to screw in screw out. And people have had success with this change so i know for a fact it works. The Sx came from rondo so i dont know if its asian or whatever.

• Members

ill see if i can get a pic taken of it.

the strings seem to line up fine and the the bolt moves when i go to screw in screw out. And people have had success with this change so i know for a fact it works. The Sx came from rondo so i dont know if its asian or whatever.

Yeah, Rondo's guitars are made in Korea.

When you bought the saddles from GFS, did they specifically say that they were for Asian made guitars?

• Members
Yeah, Rondo's guitars are made in Korea.

When you bought the saddles from GFS, did they specifically say that they were for Asian made guitars?

Nope but i know several people who have changed them out on their SX's and they said they were perfect. Could really get a good pic of it since my cams no really good. You can kinda tell that the strings are more to the left side of the saddles (top in the pic). O yeah and i havent completely done the intonation yet so dont know if that is causing it or what, just noticed it when i picked it up this morning.

And Pic:

DSCF1096.jpg

• Members
I thought the company was based in New Jersey.
:confused:

That's right.

FRANKIEJ

Your guitar looks just fine to me, bro.
:thu:

Next time, check though. Usually when you buys saddles or a bridge from GFS, it'll say something about the part either being meant for American Strats, or Mexican Strats and Squiers.

Ahh thanks. When you look in the pic it does line up good with everything. Maybe its just me.:confused::cop:

• Members

It looks like you have a an american sized bridged on an Asian guitar to me. I have done this myself and left it everything worked out fine, eventually I got a hold of the correct sized parts and put it right.

• Members

frankiej: are you saying that the saddles are leaning to one side as you look at them with the guitar lying flat on the ground, or tilted sideways from the perspective of looking down the fretboard or up towards it from the bottom?

If it's the latter of the two, I thought that's what the tiny hex-insert screws that go to each side of each screw are for was to level them horizontally.

I thought the company was based in New Jersey.
:confused:

You may be thinking of Rondo Music, which is the place that sells them. Do a Google search for SX Guitars and one of the first links will show sxguitarspain.com

• Members

frankiej: are you saying that the saddles are leaning to one side as you look at them with the guitar lying flat on the ground, or tilted sideways from the perspective of looking down the fretboard or up towards it from the bottom?

If it's the latter of the two, I thought that's what the tiny hex-insert screws that go to each side of each screw are for was to level them horizontally.

You may be thinking of Rondo Music, which is the place that sells them. Do a Google search for SX Guitars and one of the first links will show sxguitarspain.com

Saddles are leaning to one side as i look down on them. I finished setting up the guitar last night and it doesnt look quite as bad anymore but it still is leaning.

Plays like a charm though so. The hex screws are more adjusting the height of them. BUt like i said before the strings line up with the pole peices, pickups, and they are evenly spaced out on the frets.

• Members
Saddles are leaning to one side as i look down on them. I finished setting up the guitar last night and it doesnt look quite as bad anymore but it still is leaning.

Plays like a charm though so.

Oh, I get it now! I bet the springs aren't totally flat at the top and bottom. I don't see that as a big deal. Reading the part where you said it plays like a charm is what counts the most :thu:

Archived