How many picks do you have?

spruce goose

• Members

I use 3 different types. The 'normal' shaped ones in medium thickness celluliod or whatever that stuff is, long teardrop shaped ones in the same stuff, and lately I've been using 2mm Stubbys.

The stubbys are the most comfortable, but lose some of the attack of the other ones, so I just switch depending on how much bite I want my sound to have.

• Members

I have between 150-200. With 100 of them being White Pearloid Fender Heavys, 50 or so being Fender Tortishell Heavys and Extra Heavys. And the rest just different picks I pocketed here and there or bought a "one of" just to check out. Like Steel Finger pick set, Dava, Copper pick, Three Sided Fenders, Jazz picks. differnt size Dunlops, etc etc. I have a couple from the 60's still hanging around.

Funny thing, The Dunlops are a good pick that never caught on with me?

• Members

Two for guitar and three for bass. All in my wallet, where I've kept my picks for over ten years. I think in all that time I've only ever lost three or four, not counting those given to others who turned up to a show without one.

I have a little orange one I found behind the main stage at Glastonbury in 1998 and to this day I have no idea who it may have belonged to.... I wish it could have been Neil Young, but he wasn't there...

Archived