whats the first riff you ever learnt and whats the latest?

chrisebrooks06

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First: Secret Agent Man

Latest: Who Did You Think I Was, and Another Kind Of Green (Both by John Mayer)

Learning AKOG and "Castles Made of Sand" recently have opened up my Hendrixy R&B chord/ fills ability 10 fold!

• Members

I like this thread!

First would most likely have been smoke on the water....

I don't really practice other peoples songs but the last one I played around with was Level by the Raconteurs. Usually I'll just play till I get the main riff or something thats frustrating me and then I get board and go back to improvising (some might say noodling is a more accurate description) and learning scales and chords.

• Members
I like this thread!

First would most likely have been smoke on the water....

I don't really practice other peoples songs but the last one I played around with was Level by the Raconteurs. Usually I'll just play till I get the main riff or something thats frustrating me and then I get board and go back to improvising (some might say noodling is a more accurate description) and learning scales and chords.

thanks, i was at work and thought about my playing so thought i would ask everyone what they learnt etc, i think its an interesting thread, makes me think of riffs i have forgooton lol, im learning battery by metallica 2nite, just the rhythm sections. :)

• Members

i also learnt the master of puppets clean part on a battered old accoustic, an encore i think it was, that got me into metallica and i never looked back i was hooked on guitar, life long hobby, also i love the old steppenwolf riffs, may learn (i forgot how to play most) them again for old times sake

Archived