NGD RG470 .. need some tips for Parts !!!

Gravity

• Members

Anyway, for whatever reason, I've been regressing and re-listening to all the classic, thrash, and death metal that I used to love as a kid (I'm 30) (most notably Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Sepultura). And in listening, I began to miss the way that my long gone Jackson King V felt/played.

I have a {censored}-ton of guitars (tele, strat, lp's, sg's, semi-H etc...), but was lacking a metal guitar. So I saw this MIK RG470 in a local shop for $250. I was able to get it out the door for $200. No case, no setup, no trem-bar (BOOOOO!!!) and no spring cover.

{censored}tay pics cause I suck with teh camera ....

rg470a.jpg

rg470b.jpg

LO-TRS Trem II

Infinity P-Ups

after steel-wooling, frets are in VERY healthy condition

Whoever had it before me had absolutely no idea how a floyd was designed to work, so I've probably spent somewhere around 2 hours over the course of two days getting it setup where I want it. It holds tune now, the action is low enough that there's a little fret buzz, but nothing is fretting out, and it plays fine. Just needs a few more truss adjustments probably.

So here's what I've discovered in going through the guitar.

I need a Tuner

I need trem stud bolts

I need a whammy!

The one tuner is fcukt. The threaded cylinder is cracked with part missing. Since it's a double locking system, this doesn't really hurt the tunning ... but still, I want a replacement tuner. These tuners don't use screws. They have two small studs that fit into corresponding holes on the headstock.

The hex holes on the tremolo studs as well as on the nut locking-bolts are just about striped.

Any idea where I can get these parts other than Ebay? I have no problem with Ebay ... just would rather not wait around forever waiting for the right parts to come up.

Thanks!

• Members

Any authorized Ibanez dealer should be able to order the parts, though I would personally go the ebay route. Should be able to find them easily.

Good to hear that you're rediscovering metal. I'm the same age and have been listening to metal most of my life. Older Sepultura and Morbid Angel kick serious ass.

• Members

It's crazy man. I put on albums like Arise, Covenant, Among the Living .. stuff that I shelved years ago, and I still remember every word (and wrong word) and every note.

I think I owe it to bands like The Sword and Mastodon for reminding me why I liked the genre so much.

Rock on bro'

And thanks for the responses folks. Right now, I'm much closer to getting what I need than I was before I posted.:thu:

Archived