whats your fav music autobiography

chrisebrooks06

• Members

Beethovens' hair.

Seriously.

It chronicles the history of a lock of hair clipped from Beethoven on his death bed and all the people that the keepsake is passed along to until finally recently ending up in a science lab for chemical ananlysis which has ultimately led to the discovery of the cause for all of his medical woes throughout his life, even his wild mood swings, depression, deafness, and ineveitable death.

The book constantly weaves back and forth between the history and "journey" of this lock of hair, as well as constantly flashing back to Beethovens own life and times.

It is like a biography interwoven with the science that came afterwards that helped discover his ailments.

Excellent book.

Reads like a novel.

• Members

mine is eric claptons one, i got it last christmas, its great
:thu:
whats yours?

I'm half way through that at the moment. Very good stuff. I've never been a massive fan of his, but the book is definitely rekindling my interest.

I recently finished Slash's one. I mean how many times can someone read about taking drugs and shagging groupies. Becomes almost unreadable about half way through.

• Members

I recently read the Heroin Dairies which was a great read, I read the Slash biography and the Dirt. they were ok, After I read the Slash book I really develop a dislike for him.

My all time favorite Biography to read is Elvis What Happened. I love most everything that has been written about him. Stuff by his inner circle for some sick demented reason I can't get enough.

I know it is bad, ...

• Members

I'm half way through that at the moment. Very good stuff. I've never been a massive fan of his, but the book is definitely rekindling my interest.

I recently finished Slash's one. I mean how many times can someone read about taking drugs and shagging groupies. Becomes almost unreadable about half way through.

same here his book is pretty cool, i havent read slash's yet

• Members
What'd Slash do?
:confused:

He just seemed like a prick. One of his things in the book was his troubles with Axel Rose and what a dick he was to the fans blah blah blah, then he goes on to talk about other people that talk about Axel and they have no right to do so and how badly it pisses him off. I read it and thought {censored} you slash I can have my opinion too even though I was never in the band. There were other things but he really came off pretty {censored}ty after that (at least to me). Another thing that I didn't care for was this; 3 or 4 years ago I sent a poster of him to him to sign his autograph on and he sent it back sign. I thought what a cool dude, he had posted on his website he would do this for his fans. I got it for my daughter (she is a big fan, plays too)
Then when I read his book all of the sudden his other site was gone replaced with his book signed by him going for 50 or 75 bucks not sure whick, 8X10 of him signed 25 bucks. Coupled with the media attention for the signature guitars $1000.00 Epiphones, Guitar Hero and hearing him bitch that he didn't get a percentage...

{censored} Slash:mad:

• Members
mine is eric claptons one, i got it last christmas, its great
:thu:
whats yours?

I read Claptons book last winter....

I really thought that it was a very self-serving book. If I read correctly, Eric was responsible for a lot of problems that occured to other people. Peoples whos suffering was simply because they were around him and depended uppon him to do his part in a band or a relationship.

I also have a hard time respecting a man who goes out and steals hs best friends wife. What kind of "Friend" is that?!

It would be interesting to read a biography about Clapton written by someone who actually does some scholarly research into his life. THen there'd be a lot fewer 'I can't remembers' and depressing self excuses.

Eric is one of my major heros as a musician but his Autobiography is far from heroic.

Archived