Anyone bought from PickersParts?

elsupermanny14

• Members

How was your experience? I'm considering buying a prewired Strat harness along with an input jack. Should I expect good things from them?

Also they seem to have a better deal then GFS pickups for wired pickguards. For $5 bucks less you can get a prewired pickguard with genuine Fender Tex Mex pickups. Doesn't this seem like a better deal then GFS?

Not trying to dog on GFS just asking a genuine question. Any input would be great. Thanks guys!

• Members

Also they seem to have a better deal then GFS pickups for wired pickguards. For $5 bucks less you can get a prewired pickguard with genuine Fender Tex Mex pickups. Doesn't this seem like a better deal then GFS?

Never bought from them, but the cheapest Fender (Mexican Standard) pre-wired pickguard that I saw was $80. That's twice as expensive than GFS's pre-wired pickguards. :confused:

• Members

Never bought from them, but the cheapest Fender (Mexican Standard) pre-wired pickguard that I saw was $80. That's twice as expensive than GFS's pre-wired pickguards.
:confused:

I was referring to the GFS hand wired pickguards. Because the ones on PickersPart are very on par with those. They're $5 bucks cheaper and they come with the Stevie Vaughn Tex Mex pickups.

I'm just curious if anyone has experience that they could shed some light on or compare.

• Members

I was referring to the GFS hand wired pickguards. Because the ones on PickersPart are very on par with those. They're $5 bucks cheaper and they come with the
Stevie Vaughn
Tex Mex pickups.

Just wanted to make a point here... Stevie RAY Vaughn never used Tex Mex pickups. He used (for a very, very short while) Texas Special pickups. While the names may sound similar, they are indeed very different animals.

However, the JIMMY Vaughn Strats do come with Tex Mex pickups.

Take that for what it's worth. The Tex Mex pickups are made in Mexico whereas the Texas Special pickups are made in the USA Custom Shop.

Honestly, there are some GFS pickups I'd rather have over Tex Mex pickups.

Archived