NGD: Photos of my floor with a $70 China Guitar on top >>>>>

ArKay

• Members

And no, it's neither a fake Fender, Gibson or whatnot.

Found this on the local 'eBay' and thought that it looked kind of unique and versatile. Since I only have a humbucker equipped guitar here it and it was only $70 delivered--incl. gigbag--I could not resist. It has a paint chip at the back of the guitar otherwise it would have costed a little more and come without the gigbag.

ALDEN guitars are made in the same factory which makes the Jay Tursers (they even share some of the models) so I kind of knew what I would be getting.

I don't know the exact model since it's not listed on the ALDEN page anymore (or probably yet?), but it kind of looks like a variation on their Sirocco model, only more tele like.

Body's made from basswood as far as I can tell, scale should be 25 1/2"... single piece maple neck & fingerboard.

sirocco_01.jpg

sirocco_02.jpg

sirocco_03.jpg

sirocco_04.jpg

sirocco_05.jpg

sirocco_06.jpg

sirocco_07.jpg

sirocco_08.jpg

sirocco_09.jpg

sirocco_10.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Strat, Tele & Jaguar :lol: But I love the mix! If they would offer those with an alder body, better hardware and build them with a little more attention to detail (the binding is a thin layer of paint), those could actually sell pretty well :idk:

• Members

Arkey, that Alden looks absolutely great :love::thu: ... especially for $70. The body shape sort of reminds me of a Schecter Tempest. What model is that one? Even those string through ferrules look absolutely perfect.

BTW, is there a website or info listed someplace as to where & who, the various brands are manufactured at? Was curious since you spend a lot of time in China & probably know all of them.

• Members

Arkey, that Alden looks absolutely great
:love::thu:
... especially for $70. The body shape sort of reminds me of a Schecter Tempest. What model is that one?

BTW, is there a website or info listed someplace as to where & who, the various brands are manufactured at? Was curious since you spend a lot of time in China & probably know all of them.

I couldn't find that model, but they make a couple of guitars with that body shape. Their ever moving and most likely outdated homepage is currently located here, http://www.thealdenguitars.com/ . That guitar was made 6 months ago according to the sticker so it's probably not listed there yet.

I don't know all of the factories, but since I'm curious I always try to find out. MUSE makes Alden, Jay Turser, Gould & the Chinese (

Edit: This link is better, shows you all of their models: http://www.thealdenguitars.com/product/?CID=1

• Members

C'mon, you have one hidden under the bed. Admit it.

Sorry to disappoint, but nope. I saw a few Lace Cybercasters, but I also doubt that those are genuine.

Well, I sent Lace an email, but since they don't respond I will have to pass. :)

• Members

It's pretty light (basswood), balances nicely and has the typical Jay Turser neck which I like. Reminds me of the Jay Turser Deluxe Tele I used to have.

The fretwork is pretty good, nothing sticking out. But that could also be because I got it from the source so the guitar didn't have to travel through different climates.

It fell
:idk:

Thanks for the info. It's good to know incase I run into some. I have (4) new take-off JT necks, maple & rosewood fretboards & each one is absolutely perfect. Never expected them to be, for such an inexpensive brand. However, all of mine have a satin finish except for the headstock. Definitely my favorite bolt on necks.

• Members

I can't believe you just throw your guitar on the floor like that.
:eek:
:eek:

It's okay, I think he actually threw the floor on the guitar.

It's kind of cool looking, I see it's got a vintage style tele bridge, wonder what it would look like with a tele bridge cover?

Congrats and HNGD!

Archived