iPhone competition on the way

alphajerk

• Members

Another "iPhone killer" out soon... this one a MS-phone branded by T-Mobile. The Shadow. A "big" touch screen and a flip down QWERTY.

[Caught my eye since I'm on T-Mobile and, unlike the jerks at my previous companies mostly managed to piss me off pretty good. I don't even remember the first one, over ten years ago; second was PacBell Wireless which became SBC Wireless, which became (I'm blanking here) which then became AT&T -- they kept getting my bill wrong over and over. Next was Sprint which was OK until I finally had to talk to them... at which point the nightmare began and only ended after a 48 hour period where I was on the landline phone with them over 18 hours -- mostly on hold -- while they tried to figure out how to turn my service back on after accidentally turning it off. I have NEVER been so furious with a company in my life. They had the SAME five minute smooth jazz piece going around and around on their hold. To this day just thinking about Sprint makes my stomach tie up in knots and my hands ball up into fists. Knock on wood -- T-Mobile's been OK.]

The Shadow sounds pretty good from the brief write-up I read at CNet or somewhere.

The feature list on the T-Mobile site looks pretty good at first blush.

No sign what the price will be...

• Members

i think i am going to bite the bullet here very soon on one of hte smart phones that runs windows mobile. i need outlook sync desperately as well as my contact list. im so tired of programming all that crap in. still not sure which one im going to get.

that one nseries [biggest screen with qwerty keyboard] looks nice, though not available in my area... wonder if it works with verizon. the Verizon Wireless XV6700 looks very similar.

Archived