One very good reason not to buy Gibson products!

Hoddy

• Members
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Disney Productions provided the Equipment, they'll want them back when they fire the band. So it's Disney's fault. Hate them.

And besides, those kids are making money at it. I wouldn't mind that. But I have to think twice before I leave my day job.

There is a market for young kids who will pester their parents for money to buy CD's. For now they fill the bill.

So NASCARL,...are you jealous of the Jonas Brothers or hate them because of their young fan base. Maybe their music doesn't appeal to you but it's no reason for hate. I'll sell out and play anything for the proper money. Do you hate Gibson because you can't afford one or believe all the negative hype about their poor quality control? I own 8 Gibsons and am not finished with buying them. I have 12 Fenders as well and the collection is still not complete...

Bands like this have a short life expectancy unless they can re-invent themselves each time they issue another CD. If they deserve to survive they will.

Hate is a worthless emotion.

I hate nobody...the thread was meant as sarcasm and tongue in cheek...I've owned dozens of Gibsons in the past, my latest was a 1997 335...it was a dog that I later sold.:)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While A-Ha may not have been a true rocker's band, the song Take On Me along with a unique video set a new standard for music during what was undoubtedly some of the best times of my life. Then it hit me and I realized how nearly 30 years of my paltry life have gone down the crapper. Thanks a bunch. Really.

And they were considered a "One Hit Wonder" in the US and actually really big in Europe :cop:

• Members

Those kids must be swimming in {censored}.
Jealous.

Actually, if you read the article, they are wearing some type of celebacy ring or something. In retrospect, If I had it to do all over again, I would rather have the new Les Pauls.

I am glad my daughters like them instead of say, Dimu Borger or something along those lines.

• Members

The Jonas Brothers are the real deal. Their "act" is just a facade and is just so that they can build their fan base. These boys are smart I tell you. They are playing the industry...very slick. Anyway ya, It's all part of their plan. Once they get a solid fan base and make millions with this "Pop" music they are going to start laying it down like you wouldn't believe by playing the "real-deal" legit stuff that they have been holding back on because of the Biz side of things.

The "Brothers" are the real deal and will slay you with their smoldering mojo soon enough....you just wait.

lmao the mayer argument

• Members
Actually, if you read the article, they are wearing some type of celebacy ring or something. In retrospect, If I had it to do all over again, I would rather have the new Les Pauls.

I am glad my daughters like them instead of say, Dimu Borger or something along those lines.

Those celibacy rings can probably come off pretty easily with a little soapy water ... just like wedding rings.

• Members

I've decided to stop playing any guitars at all. No matter what I like I always find a band that I can't stand playing the same guitar. Teles, Strats, Les Pauls, SGs, Schecters, PRS, etc.

I've actually stopped eating as well. Apparently people that I hate eat the same foods I eat. I can't take it anymore.

I'm thinking of stopping wearing clothes too. Everywhere I look there are annoying people wearing clothes and it pisses me off.

I just want to consume products that aren't consumed by annoying people as well. Is that too much to ask?

• Members

The Jonas Brothers are the real deal. Their "act" is just a facade and is just so that they can build their fan base. These boys are smart I tell you. They are playing the industry...very slick. Anyway ya, It's all part of their plan. Once they get a solid fan base and make millions with this "Pop" music they are going to start laying it down like you wouldn't believe by playing the "real-deal" legit stuff that they have been holding back on because of the Biz side of things.

The "Brothers" are the real deal and will slay you with their smoldering mojo soon enough....you just wait.

Nobody has been the "real deal" since 1969 so, we'll see.

• Members

so?

They can't touch a cent of it and I'm sure soon as they're found in bed with ANYONE, disney yanks the fund.

What on Earth makes you think that?

The one is 20, the other 18. The 15 year-old, yeah maybe has some sort of trust thing going but who's to say the eldest isn't the one running it? Regardless, I think it's presumptuous to think that these *adults* ain't gettin' their cash.

I'm sure they're under a morality clause like a lot of people are. And I'm sure they'd get picked up by somebody else in about 5 seconds. Or run under their own banner at this point.

As far as the original point goes, I can't stand these guys. FWIW, my kids don't like them either. Point being though, my kids do watch the Disney channel a *lot* :facepalm: and the Jonas Bros are on constantly - cameos in shows, commercial breaks, they run their videos in between the commercials with them in it in between the shows with them in it . . . I see these dudes like every 5 minutes . . . for hours sometimes. And here's the point:

They always have Gibsons. Usually at least 4 different ones in each appearance. And usually different ones from one appearance to the next. I have seen more Gibson models from these guys alone on daytime TV than I see in even a guitar mag or something. They have probably singlehandedly (triplehandedly???) given Gibson more facetime on television than anybody I have ever seen.

I completely understand Gibson giving them some article time.

I still don't like the Jonas Brothers though.

And I could swear they're not even actually playing half the time.

But they're effing rich!:wave:

edit: Oh, and Hannah Montana usually features Fender stuff - always a Strat in the living room.

Archived