How good are Schecter guitars?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I'm looking for a dual humbucker carved top guitar. I can't afford a Gibson used and especially can't afford a new one, or any high end carved top guitar. I keep noticing how the Schecters have very PRS like bodies. Anyways I've been thinking about going for one of those since I can't afford anything more.

I'm just curious as to how good of a guitar a Schecter is? Are they versatile or are they pretty much hardrock/metal type guitars? Do they have good tone? Any input anyone wants to throw in would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

• Members

I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics of Schecter's metal stuff. But I've got an Ultra III and a Hellcat VI and they are really well built, especially for the price. I'd add check around eBay before buying new, because you can find really good deals on that stuff quite often.

• Members

I'm looking for a dual humbucker carved top guitar. I can't afford a Gibson used and especially can't afford a new one, or any high end carved top guitar. I keep noticing how the Schecters have very PRS like bodies. Anyways I've been thinking about going for one of those since I can't afford anything more.

I'm just curious as to how good of a guitar a Schecter is? Are they versatile or are they pretty much hardrock/metal type guitars? Do they have good tone? Any input anyone wants to throw in would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

I played a few Tempest models here and there. They had some weight but overall were solid , well made guitars with good playability. Def' gigable.

FWIW .........Your average brand new Schecter cost about as much as a used Les Paul Studio. About $600-$700. You usually get a hardshell case with teh used Studio to boot.

• Members

I have a C-1 Classic that I put EMG's in. I personally hated the stock pickups for clean tone, but that's just me. I also don't particularly get along with Schecter necks, but some people love em. I'd suggest trying to go somewhere and playing one before you make a decision. :blah:

Archived