Anyone know when the Orange AD5 is due to come out?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I thought it was discontinued 5 years ago:confused:

they're re-releasing it.

op: get in contact with Rob Chapman - his screen name is 'robchappers' on here, he's an Orange rep and always helpful.

here's his profile: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/member.php?u=174973

here's his youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobChappers

• Members

They had two versions of the AD's in the 90's and early 00's. The early ones were handwired; then Orange went to a PC board version which was cheaper. Do you know which one they are re-releasing?

I have an AD15 with PC-board construction. It's a fantastic little amp with a ton of personality. I gigged with it until very recently and it is very solid and reliable. I hope the new AD5 is still made in England--but I suppose if it were Chinese, it might be more reasonably priced.

I paid $800 for my used AD15 on ebay a few years ago. It was in perfect condition.

• Members

OK. It's a 1 x 10:

The AD15 came in a choice of 10 or 12" speaker.

AD5

5 Watt Single Ended, 1x10" Combo.

This classic was originally available in the early 2000s and only produced in very limited numbers. Since then it has become a real collectors piece, even being listed in Aspen Pittman's 'Groove Tubes' book.

It has a classic vintage amp character, and at at such a low power is ideal to record with, or simply get those great live cranked sounds in your bedroom without annoying your neighbours (too much)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

OK. It's a 1 x 10:

The AD15 came in a choice of 10 or 12" speaker.

AD5

5 Watt Single Ended, 1x10" Combo.

This classic was originally available in the early 2000s and only produced in very limited numbers. Since then it has become a real collectors piece, even being listed in Aspen Pittman's 'Groove Tubes' book.

It has a classic vintage amp character, and at at such a low power is ideal to record with, or simply get those great live cranked sounds in your bedroom without annoying your neighbours (too much)

does anybody know the price or when it comes out yet?

Archived