Pocket POD questions, can you guys help me out?

elsupermanny14

• Members

Hey guys I have few questions that I didn't really find answers to while looking through the various seller websites like GuitarCenter or Musician'sFriend. I didn't want to post this in the FX forum cuz this forum is always the most helpful.

So anyways the questions are as follows:

1. Does the pocket POD have the capability to be hooked up to a floor switcher in order to switch between presets while playing?

2. Is the pocket POD easy to switch between presets while playing your guitar or do you have to stop playing and switch to a preset with your hand?

3. Does the pocket POD take pedals well? For example let's say I want to use my Wah or Whammy pedal when jamming through the pocket POD, will it take outside pedals and effects well?

Thanks for the help guys!

• Members

Hey guys I have few questions that I didn't really find answers to while looking through the various seller websites like GuitarCenter or Musician'sFriend. I didn't want to post this in the FX forum cuz this forum is always the most helpful.

1. Does the pocket POD have the capability to be hooked up to a floor switcher in order to switch between presets while playing?

2. Is the pocket POD easy to switch between presets while playing your guitar or do you have to stop playing and switch to a preset with your hand?

3. Does the pocket POD take pedals well? For example let's say I want to use my Wah or Whammy pedal when jamming through the pocket POD, will it take outside pedals and effects well?

I used a PocketPOD for a few weeks last year. So this is from an admittedly bad memory, and I didn't read the manual either:

1. No

2. No, you have to use your hand

3. Seriously doubt it

Having said that, I thought the Pocket Pod sounded great through headphones and in front of my Pro Jr. amp.

• Members

I'll try to help. I've had the PPod for about 6 months and am very happy with it.

1) No foot pedal

2) scroll through presets 1 at a time with your finger

3) Takes pedals OK

I love the Ppod because I can use batteries and run around the house untethered. If you don't care about the portability, then I recommend you get a regular Pod - they are way more versatile for switching patches and on the fly effects.

I plug the pocket pod into my guitar with and effects coupler. Basically, making it like a large VOX amplug, but Waaaaaaaay better sound/capability.

• Members

Do the other PODs come with the "artists preprogrammed" settings too? Or do they have to be downloaded into the full size PODs?

The Pocket POD does come with the artists preprogrammed settings already loaded onto the unit right?

Oddly, I thought the presets on the Pocket POD sounded better than the ones on the X3. Not sure if/which artists did anything.

On the device itself you can change the levels of Drive, Delay, Reverb, "Effects", and EQ for whatever preset you're on. Other than that you'd need to get the MIDI thing to work. I couldn't.

• Members

Hey guys I have few questions that I didn't really find answers to while looking through the various seller websites like GuitarCenter or Musician'sFriend.
I didn't want to post this in the FX forum cuz this forum is always the most helpful.

Firstly, I am offended, becasue HCFX is my favourite :cop:

1. No

2. No it is hard. The pocket pod is very limited in features and most of its features are only accessable on the computer. For example: it has a wah effect that is only accessable on the pc, and not on the actual unit.

3. Not sure

Here is what I have to say...

I owned a pocket POD for about a week before I eventually returned it. It is useful for playing through with headphones, and it sounds pretty good too. The effects aren't bad but the parameters are limited. Large amount of presets, but it takes way to long to actually change between them. Once you hook is to a computer you will realize that it is much more useful because everything is easier to access, however I found that there were connectivity issues when connecting it to the PC, and when I turned the knobs on the unit it did not correspond to the knobs on the PC.

The final issue I had with it is that the input jack ceased to work. It became awfully loose. As you may know, a 1/4" plug must be inserted in order for the unit to fully power on. My jack must have been faulty because the unit did not always turn on (thus the reason I returned it). Unfortunatly the Pocket POD will never be useful on a pedal board unless you run it through a bypass or looper. Overall you will find that the unit is fragile. I returned mine because I felt that if I dropped it, it would break. It is more of a toy than anything, and the quality on it is really cheap.

Archived