What is a good looper?

flip333

• Members

Hello,

I believe it would be cool to sample a guitar rhythm phrase and play a solo over the top. I have a drum machine that is ridiculous to program, so I would like to punch in my own layered percussions.

Are there bad loopers to stay away from? Are there features that I don't want to miss out on? How about noise artifacts and tone quality? Reliability?

Thanks!

flip

• Members

Is this for practice or live?

The Digitech Jamman is a great looper you can upgrade the memory to 2 GB and up to 99 presets.

I've used it for practice and tooling around with friends.

It would take a lot of practice to use live. But it could be done.

• Members

i have an old boss rc-20. its ok for practice and writing, but i would never use it live. sound quality is ok, nothing too special. its really easy to use and you can overdub till you are blue in the face. i am sure there are better, more expensive loopers for live gigs, but for home use it does the job for a pretty cheap price.

• Members

Boomerang Phrase sampler. Easiest thing in the world to use. Stomp on and stomp off with massive delay, reverse, slow speeds and pitch shift at the tap of a button...etc etc,.
I just turn on the drum machine and record it with a few bars of rhythm and then do leads until I want to plotz. Wouldnt be without it

Archived