Just got back from seeing Jennifer Batten

nuke_diver

• Members

I think recently DenverDave saw her too and gave a good review so I don't have much to add.

The show I saw was a private concert that cost me $20. A good deal since I was 15' from the stage chatted with Jennifer a few times and listened to her discuss her rig and other such things. She is a very cool lady and an absolute Monster Player. I'm not much of a tapper (probably because I cannot do it well :mad:) but she did things that had me shaking my head in amazement. The acoustic work was very good as well though I cannot get used to an acoustic without a sound hole :eek:

and as the saying goes this thread is useless without pics so

JenniferBatten.jpg

JenniferBattenAcoustic.jpg

In the act of tapping on the Parker.

She signed autographs and seemed to be genuinely happy to be there and playing even though it was a small (

Last comment, she made very little reference to her MJ stints except when discussing hairspray :lol: but mentioned JB a number of times.

• Members

I saw her at a clinic over a decade ago. I think she was endorsing either the Ibanez saber-series guitars, or maybe an amplifier of some sort. :idk:

Her playing isn't really the kind of playing that I am into, but it is cool to see someone who is just at another level with their playing. I thought it was interesting that she had come up with these string-damper things on a lever, attached to the headstock of her guitar (visible in your first photo), that she used to dampen the strings sometimes when she was tapping.

I wish that more places would sponsor that kind of thing. I saw Jennifer Batten, Albert Lee, and Al DiMeola, all at free clinics.

• Members

She uses that Damper extensively. Whenever she doesn't want the open strings to ring out.

She does a multimedia show that is just her. It certainly is different and if you go in looking for a certain kind of music you might be disappointed. I just went to see great playing and was not disappointed.

• Members

Not seen her play a Parker before!

I'm a fanboy (even got the poster on my wall... :| )

fretless013.jpg

Did she do her audiovisual whole schabang?

I saw a clinic of her and Dave Martone. For headshaking in a WTF manner, I regretfully have to give more WTF moments to Dave Martone....but it is not a p*****g contest, and JB is awesome at what she does.

• Members

Yeah she did the whole AV thing. Apparently she is now very into video editing and shows some very cool films during the performance. I play less attention to them though and watched what she was doing more often then not. She also did what she called the Powerpoint presentation on the making of the Flight of the Bumblebee video that was pretty entertaining. And then played it for us live :thu:

My new quote below is also from her when she introduced a blue number she did :p

That parker sounded amazing even if I cannot look at it as an acoustic guitar...is sure sounds like one.

CSM...great story as always thanks :thu:

Archived