I think I'm in love with the 7.25" neck radius

GuitarHitman

• Members

:love::love::love:

I'd never played one before I picked up a new Strat the other week and me likes :love:

All my other guitars are in the region of 10" and my hand can cramp up on a lot of heavy chord play on them after a while but 7.25" feels perfect :cop: And I haven't had any problems with bends fretting out either :cool:

• Members
its the best radius. you just have to press harder during bends if you're that type

I haven't found bends to be that bad on it. Maybe a little stiffer than usual though because the guitar came strung with 10s while I usually use 9-46 and quite often play on a shorter scale Gibson but is still by far a nice neck to play on :cop:

• Members
:love:

I'd never played one before I picked up a new Strat the other week and me likes

All my other guitars are in the region of 10" and my hand can cramp up on a lot of heavy chord play on them after a while but 7.25" feels perfect
:cop:
And I haven't had any problems with bends fretting out either
:cool:

New Strats have a 9.5" radius.

• Members

What new strat has 7.25, a RI. and does it have vintage fret wire also.

Vintage fret wire could ware down fast and you start to fret out on bends. That was one of the drawbacks to the thin wire.

Mine has quite chunky frets so I'm not too worried. The Strat in question is a 60s Reverse Strat :o

Archived