More Les Paul goodness...Love comments.

riffy

• Members
THank you kind sir! I am really getting into bluesy sounding things lately. I thnk it is a lash back for all

the Jazz/Rock fusion things I have been playing live.

You sound like me bro....my main gig is playing in a metal band but every other night I get together with a few buddies and do some blues/r&b improv, jazzy stuff, hip-hop lol....I like to keep my mind open :)

• Members

Could you share some of your settings on the guitar and amp?
:)

I've been using the neck pickup on my new LP with the tone turned down midway and medium amp gain. There's a real sweet spot around the 12th fret!
:love:

Lets see, I have since changed the settings on the Marshall but if I remember correctly. I had the mids set halfway. The treble around 6 and the bass at 6. This one has a Rich master volume mod which is post phase inverter in the amp.I had the preamp volume dimed and the master set at almost 5 it was loud.

I kept the volume on the guitar for the lead at around 8 on the bridge pickup with the tone at 7. On the neck pickup I kept the volume at 7 and the tone at 5. Where you hear the lead switch from bridge to the violinish tone, I switched to the middle position combining both pickups.

Hope that helps a little?

• Members
Lets see, I have since changed the settings on the Marshall but if I remember correctly. I had the mids set halfway. The treble around 6 and the bass at 6. This one has a Rich master volume mod which is post phase inverter in the amp.I had the preamp volume dimed and the master set at almost 5 it was loud.

I kept the volume on the guitar for the lead at around 8 on the bridge pickup with the tone at 7. On the neck pickup I kept the volume at 7 and the tone at 5. Where you hear the lead switch from bridge to the violinish tone, I switched to the middle position combining both pickups.

Hope that helps a little?

Thanks for posting that info, Riffy! :wave:

Archived