Rickenbacker TR7 amp

fuzztone

• Members

I bought this 80's Rickenbacker TR7 on ebay yesterday($69.99 BIN).It's a little solid-state practice amp with tremelo and distortion.I was just wondering if anyone here has a Rickenbacker amp.

f2dd_1.jpg

I saw this youtube video of a TR25 and thought it sounded pretty cool.

[YOUTUBE]dKKggoj6yrE&eurl[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QMeF0AcQmnc&feature[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I've heard good things about them, but never played through them. The fact that Ric isn't making amps anymore might be an indicator of how good they are, though.

According to John Hall,Rickenbacker stopped making amplifiers because the liability insurance became to expensive.It's too bad.They made some cool amps.I'd love too find some Transonics cheap.

stepinwolfts200_mainjbest1a.jpg

ledzepplints200_main1a.jpg

jimmypagelive.jpg

jeffbeckts200main.jpg

ronwoodts200_bassmain1a.jpg

• Members

Ive got a TR7 as well and its been trucking along flawlessly since the day it came home from its slumber in a local pawn shop back around 1989 or so. Its a very warm sounding amp, almost tube like. Im not aware it has distortion built in though? The amp handles pedals very well and is awesome for surf tones.

Ive kept mine atop a JCM800 combo as a second amp for ambience and added "tone" through a dry out on a pedal. Since first doing that near 20 years ago, I cant see playing through just one amp and signal chain.

8b90d5f.jpg

• Members

Ive got a TR7 as well and its been trucking along flawlessly since the day it came home from its slumber in a local pawn shop back around 1989 or so. Its a very warm sounding amp, almost tube like. Im not aware it has distortion built in though? The amp handles pedals very well and is awesome for surf tones.

Ive kept mine atop a JCM800 combo as a second amp for ambience and added "tone" through a dry out on a pedal. Since first doing that near 20 years ago, I cant see playing through just one amp and signal chain.

8b90d5f.jpg

Thanks for the post,on the older 70's version of the TR7 there was a Distortion knob where the master is on your amp.BTW,I found this webpage with interesting info about Rickenbacker Amps

TR7front.jpg

• Members

Road amps -a late 70s early 80s brand- had a Rick connection as well.

Yes,Road Electronics was started by Bud Ross who designed the Kustom amps and the Ross pedals,after having sold Kustom.I believe they started making amps for Rickenbacker in the 80s.

Archived