SOT Pedal question Cool Cat Pedals

nuke_diver

• Members

I've asked this in the effects forum but no luck so I'll try here since I seem to get better opinions out of HCEG anyways :thu:

I want to get a pedal or 2 for my new amp (V18). I thought about getting a Bad Monkey but I can get a new Cool Cat Pedals for less than a BM used and the CC are true bypass. The pedals I'm most interested in are the Transparent OD, Distortion and the Chorus though I might not get the chorus right now.

My question is how much overlap is there between a OD and distortion pedal and could I get away with just one.

Thanks

:wave:

• Members

Danelectro's pedals are fantastic, so first of all, great choice. Otherwise, I've owned both of Danelectro's FAB Overdrive and Distortion and those are pretty different pedals. The distortion was more of a fuzz than a natural sound. However, the Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive is ordered and on its way, so I'll let you know how that works out and maybe do a video. :thu:

• Members

Looks like the main part of your question is on distortion pedals, not the cool cat.... :p

Anyway, I have a cool cat chorus and it's really lush and full. Love the Chorus on it. The drawback is that it's 18V! that's two 9V batts... expensive to run. As for the true-bypass part, where'd you read about that?

• Members

I'm talking about this

http://http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Cool-Cat-Series-CC1-Chorus-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=482331

not this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DC1-Cool-Cat-Chorus-Pedal?sku=151854

there are 2 now and the first is supposed to be tbp

I'll look forward to the clips songforbears.

I'm still trying to decide if I should get just one or both which was why I asked the original question.

• Members
Looks like the main part of your question is on distortion pedals, not the cool cat....
:p

Anyway, I have a cool cat chorus and it's really lush and full. Love the Chorus on it. The drawback is that it's 18V! that's two 9V batts... expensive to run. As for the true-bypass part, where'd you read about that?

A little confusing. The original Cool Cat was indeed a chorus pedal(good one too) But they came out with a new pedal line a few months ago and the whole line is called Cool Cat. I have the Fuzz, Vibe, Metal, and Drive pedal, as well as the little pedal board. I also have the flange and Distortion from the ultra-cheap Fab line, and seven different Dano minis. Not bad sounding ones out of all of them and they get gigged with twice every weekend.

• Members

A little confusing. The original Cool Cat was indeed a chorus pedal(good one too) But they came out with a new pedal line a few months ago and the whole line is called Cool Cat. I have the Fuzz, Vibe, Metal, and Drive pedal, as well as the little pedal board. I also have the flange and Distortion from the ultra-cheap Fab line, and seven different Dano minis. Not bad sounding ones out of all of them and they get gigged with twice every weekend.

Is there a significantly noticeable difference between the true bypass of the Cool Cats and the, um, false bypass of the Fabs?

Archived