Extreme or unique mods..

u6crash

• Members

Give me some examples. I'm looking for some inspiration. Hopefully around February I'll be ordering a Carvin bolt kit, but I think it might be fun to do something a little different. For a while I looked at the Kaoss pad mods, but I just don't think I'd use it. Then I remembered an old electric I came across with separate fixed drone strings on the body itself with a dedicated pickup. Then there are tamer things like putting a Hipstop drop D extender on the low E.

Here's one of the Kaoss guitars in case you haven't seen it several times already:

mhNejyIyxdE

• Members

that thing is awesome. What was that and how much?

It's a Kaoss Pad by Korg. I believe that is one of the older models. The third version available now is a little over $300. There are a few articles out there detailing how to take one apart and put it in your guitar. Some of these guys are using chisels and screwdrivers to dig out a hole in their guitar, but I recommend a router.

• Members

The most extreme mods I've ever done to a guitar are on my PRS Santana SE where I added:

Sustainaic system (a HUGE job to install)

Roland GK synth pickup

Duncan Custom Custom w/ 3-way switching in bridge

GraphTech bridge saddles

Planet Waves locking tuners

• Members

The most extreme mods I've ever done to a guitar are on my PRS Santana SE where I added:

Roland GK synth pickup

GraphTech bridge saddles

You should combine these and put in Ghost saddles and a hexpander.

:thu:

What synth are you using, and does the sustainiac work well with it? I have an LP Custom with the Graphtech Ghost saddles & hexpander and have thought about adding a sustainiac. Mine has a GIGANTIC route in the back (from an old GR1), so I don't think it would require too much modification.

Archived