GAS'ing for this Fender.

cmw

• Members

I have a theory that everybody should own at least one Fender.

I regret trading my old Stratocaster for my Washburn MG700 back in the day. That Washburn served me well (I play a Carvin now), but I miss that Fender.

Anyways ... the bottom line is, I want this guitar:

Fender FSR Deluxe Vintage Player 62 Stratocaster - Ice Blue Metallic

It's just about the sexiest Fender I've ever seen.

I have exactly that guitar. Best Strat I've ever owned. I saw the picture of it and had to have it.

• Members

They blew them out on MF because they were TERRIBLE:facepalm:. All the reviews said how bad they were but at the price (around 750 like someone said) I had to try one. The thing was a mess, the high e was off the fretboard. It didn't even feel like a nice guitar. And the "decal" on the headstock is a sticker

Mine's fantastic. Sounds great, sets up and plays perfectly. Best sounding and playing Strat I've ever owned and I've had a lot of Strats. They were originally listed at $1349 and closed out at $899 I believe.

• Members

I was think about a G&L over a Fender for my next guitar, but I'm worried about resale on a G&L if I ever want to sell.

Is G&L as good as Fender on resale?

Nope, you could probably find this guitar used for about $800.

Actually, maybe that is better than Fender resale value. I think you have to factor in that everybody and their grandma is looking for Fender guitars and the G&L guitar are sort of a private club. The G&L guitars are really more "Fender" than the current Fender models, when you think about it. I'd really like to get one.

Archived