Happy New Pedal Day X3

nuke_diver

• Members

I see by the UPS website that my 3 Danelectro pedals are delivered! :thu:

A Cool Cat Transparent OD which I got thanks to songforbears review of one

A Cool Cat Distortion cause I wanted one and it isn't a lot of coin

and a Cool Cat Chorus cause my instructor unknowningly talked me into getting one :poke:

I'll be able to check then out when I get home from work.

Now to convince the wife that it not a waste of money :eek:

Not to worry I have a cunning plan :cool:

• Members

I received my Danelectro Reel Echo yesterday. If you like those half as much as I like mine, you'll be very happy with them. Tell us how they sound. I still looking for a distortion and an OD. Although I might build them from BYOC kits.

-Jacksix

• Members
I see by the UPS website that my 3 Danelectro pedals are delivered!
:thu:

A Cool Cat Transparent OD which I got thanks to songforbears review of one

A Cool Cat Distortion cause I wanted one and it isn't a lot of coin

and a Cool Cat Chorus cause my instructor unknowningly talked me into getting one :poke:

I'll be able to check then out when I get home from work.

Now to convince the wife that it not a waste of money
:eek:

Not to worry I have a cunning plan
:cool:

Let me know how the Transparent OD is (especially thru your V18), I have the CC Drive and Fuzz, Drive. Diggin' the Fuzz, jury is still out on the Drive. I mean it sounds pretty dern good, but I think I like my Bad Monkey better. If you aren't thrilled w/ the transparent, I'll swap you the Drive (even if it's just temporary to check 'em out, you can tell the wife you got it for a friend;) ). Give us a review this weekend ok? ROCK ON Brah!!

• Members
Let me know how the Transparent OD is (especially thru your V18), I have the CC Drive and Fuzz, Drive. Diggin' the Fuzz, jury is still out on the Drive. I mean it sounds pretty dern good, but I think I like my Bad Monkey better. If you aren't thrilled w/ the transparent, I'll swap you the Drive (even if it's just temporary to check 'em out, you can tell the wife you got it for a friend;) ). Give us a review this weekend ok? ROCK ON Brah!!

That sounds like a plan :thu:

Seriously I'm not sure how I'll tell how much I like then since I've never had one before :p. If I'm feeling brave or want the abuse I'll post some clips of all three, I won't be able to combine then since I the Godlyke PS that I ordered to power everything is on backorder...I'll get that next week and I'll have some signal chain questions :facepalm:

• Members

Well just got done playing with the new pedals

Initial impressions are positive but I need more time with them for sure.

The distortion is not a heavy distortion pedal, even all the way up its more like Sabbath at the most. I'm interested to see what the distortion + OD does but right now I don't have the PS to hook both of them up and no extra batteries but that can wait. Dialled all the way down the distortion pedal gives a very light distortion which I think will be useful under some circumstances.

The transparent OD looks like a winner right now. I get a nice OD without some of the bassiness I have when I use the amp OD. I haven't decided if it sounds better with SC or HB but I'm leaning to SC right now. The pedal is a terrific boost if you want that, I have to dial the volume way back for the bedroom playing...its seriously loud, the loudest of the 3 by far

The chorus gets a nice 3D effect and I like it but with the speed and depth up high it gets very strange sounding...kind of like Men in Black from the stranglers for those that know the song. It might be an interesting effect for a few moments in a song but not much more than that.

One thing so far I don't like is the blue lights...they are really bright and I could see yellow spots in my vision after looking at them too long a few times.

Archived