WTB: Gibson LP Special SL Humbucker or Gisbson

separanets

• Members

I have a chance to buy either one for the same money ($900 used mint)

Gibson LP Special SL Humbucker like this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-SL-Humbucker-Electric-Guitar?sku=517279

Or Studio Wine Red like this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=517030&index=2

Which do you think is better?

I want an LP complement to my SG Standard.

Thanks. Apressiated in advance.

• Members

Dude, that's too much for those guitars. Especially for the SL. It wasn't that long ago those were being blown out new for under $600. I mean, that should be about the top price on one of those used. I guess $900 might be okay on the LP Studio if it is truly in mint condition. I bought a new one last February with a 20% off discount for $960 or so.

• Members

Here in this country a new Studio will cost $1600. As for used eBay items, a $600 guitar will cost me $900 and there's a risk it will come with its head ripped off, because of bad shipment perturbations. What I do: I take 2/3 of the new price, so for me 900-1000 is ok.

• Members

Here in this country a new Studio will cost $1600. As for used eBay items, a $600 guitar will cost me $900 and there's a risk it will come with its head ripped off, because of bad shipment perturbations. What I do: I take 2/3 of the new price, so for me 900-1000 is ok.

Didn't realize you weren't here in the USA. That does make a price difference, no doubt. The LP would still be the better value, but go with whichever you'd rather play. The only Special I have is a Junior Special with P-100 pickups instead of humbuckers. I like it. The nut had to be worked on when I bought it, but aside from that it's a nice guitar. I like it better than my LP Jr.

Archived