What string gauge for baritone guitars?

streetknight

• Members
/thread

544083.jpg
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-EXL158-Electric-Baritone-Light?sku=104359

:facepalm:

Here, if your thinking along the drop-c side of things, I have 12-16-24-32-42-54 on my drop-c guitar which works quite nicely, and on my baritone which is currently drop a I have 10-13-17-36-52-60. I usually like to stick to the light top heavy bottom end kind of things, so either of those would do you fine for your tuning. The size gasman suggested I would only go for in a drop-a setup, as those are substantially thick and would only use those on 27" or longer. Try to find something like a 50's range (54,56,58) and you would be sitting pretty imo for either tuning. Good luck.

• Members
:facepalm:

Here, if your thinking along the drop-c side of things, I have 12-16-24-32-42-54 on my drop-c guitar which works quite nicely, and on my baritone which is currently drop a I have 10-13-17-36-52-60. I usually like to stick to the light top heavy bottom end kind of things, so either of those would do you fine for your tuning. The size gasman suggested I would only go for in a drop-a setup, as those are substantially thick and would only use those on 27" or longer. Try to find something like a 50's range (54,56,58) and you would be sitting pretty imo for either tuning. Good luck.

Yeah, I admit, I just routinely tune my baritone to B.

Archived