Shouldn't we...

FUBTAG

• Members

I've got a 5-year-old and a two-year-old AND I'm new to this area. I'd love to find some like-minded (old) musicians to play with, but right now the family and the job search are priority. So I use the time I've got to practice and write.

• Members

Just got in from a gig(1:26am)....The snow was horrendous. It took almost 3hrs to get home when it should of been half that. My knuckles are white, eyes are burning, ears are ringing and my neck is killing me!! Great show however, even with little turn out.

While my trip has never been THAT long -- I can feel for ya... A few years ago it seemed that every weekend that had a gig scheduled had a winter storm in the forecast and was spot on every time... :mad:

• Members

be playing out somewhere?

Why aren't you?

Me.. I'm too lazy to book myself every weekend... but I am playing Thursday AND Friday this week...

... more $$ for bagpipes!!!
bananapiper.gif

Because it seems most dudes my age(36) play the same {censored}ing 25 classic rock songs that I can't stand and got tired of playing almost 20 years ago.

• Members

Because it seems most dudes my age(36) play the same {censored}ing 25 classic rock songs that I can't stand and got tired of playing almost 20 years ago.

so don't! Seek out different players. I have a great bunch of bandmates who really like to try different things.. We play originals, covers, we improvise .. change it up just so that it DOESN'T get boring....

As a point of reference.. I am 40 and the youngest in the band...

• Members

so don't! Seek out different players. I have a great bunch of bandmates who really like to try different things.. We play originals, covers, we improvise .. change it up just so that it DOESN'T get boring....

As a point of reference.. I am 40 and the youngest in the band...

I've been trying but no luck so far.I'm well past the "I wanna be a rock star" phase and I'm just looking to get into it for a few gigs and some fun.I even have a HUGE place to practice.

• Members

Got 2 gigs in December (1 NYE) the 1st in a while....kinda dry in the northeast. Haven't played out except a set with Chuckster's band (sat in had a blast!) in about 5 mos.

I am on Long Island... the dryest around... If you're not part of OmniPop, you ain't getting the 'paying' gigs. That's why most of my gigs of late are acoustic in nature. Easier to book, even easier when it's just you.

Archived