Controversial NGD

rw34

• Members

looks fake.

I'd play a pointy ibanez for blues/classic rock before that.

sorry I just hate that relic concept, like the phoniness of the music industry is not actually embodied in an instrument.

You need to do your homework. It's not the same thing as a typical relic. Someone explained it already. Read the thread.

• Members

Happy NGD!

You need to do your homework. It's not the same thing as a typical relic. Someone explained it already. Read the thread.

When I saw one at GC, it didn't look like actual relicing, it just looked like a "picture" of the relicing was put on the guitar.

• Members

Happy NGD!

I like relicing, if it's done carefully. The body on this model just looks like it was hit with a belt sander, with no attention paid to how a guitar finish would actually
wear.

Agreed, but I do like the worn/tarnished hardware. HNGD.

• Members

Well, the Joe Strummer isnt really supposed to be a true relic. He actually put a layer of primer over his sunburst guitar and then painted over it with car paint. And the car paint began wearing off as quickly as 2 years later.

Oh, I see. I wasn't aware of that.

Then it's more like a replica of a artist' customized instrument.

Then I take back everything I said (except the part about enjoying your new guitar)--I was speaking from ignorance.

• Members

Thanks guys, loving the way this plays, particularly through the bridge pick up and middle position so far. Need to do a little action and intonation adjustments tonight, would lowes or home depot sell the wrenches?

Archived