Sam Ash vs Guitar Center

GGWise47

• Members

Both Ash & GC have a young salesforce that should be delivering pizzas.

GC has more inventory. GC usually attracts tapping or metal d tuning guitarists who like to play at arena volume while practicing in the store. Mesa Boogie amps draws these kids like moths to a flame.

Ash has their own house brand that makes Rondo's gear seem boutique. Ever since Ash regained the Gibson line, other product lines in their inventory have become very ordinary. I guess Ash blew their wad on gettting Gibson back.

I buy from whoever gives me the best deal and is the least annoying.

• Members

Yup. He sure did.

He is the big guy with the long blond hair, and a Jackson fetish.

Nice guy. Very helpful, and I believe he is one of the highest producing salesmen ever in the history of G.C. It is because he is cool, knows his {censored}, and treats you like a person, Not a sucker with a wallet.

I always go out of my way to deal with him when I DO buy stuff from G.C.

Yep, great guy...bought my first DK2 from him way back.

• Members

Yup. He sure did.

He is the big guy with the long blond hair, and a Jackson fetish.

Nice guy. Very helpful, and I believe he is one of the highest producing salesmen ever in the history of G.C. It is because he is cool, knows his {censored}, and treats you like a person, Not a sucker with a wallet.

I always go out of my way to deal with him when I DO buy stuff from G.C.

Al DOES rock!!

In all the years between Mars & GC I think I've bought one pc through him but he still goes way out of his way to greet me when he sees me walk in..

I have a couple decent guys I deal with at my local Samash but their selection is usually pretty slim

I can't help but wonder which online vendors will survive 09..

• Members

I agree...but they suck for different reasons. For example, here is what the thought bubbles are over salespeople in each store:

GuitarCenterEmployee: "Hey, man! I'm wearing the right clothes and I want to rob you by selling you ridiculous garbage that EVEN I, the salesman, know absolutely nothing about. What? You don't want to buy it? But, why? I called you "man", didn't I?"

SamAshEmployee: "I don't care if I sell you anything because my store is going out of business in the next 15 seconds. Didn't you notice how it's a mess in here and all the disheveled employees are wandering around....lost...mentally and physically. Yes, we are depressed. That's because we, like EVERYONE at Guitar Center, don't know the difference between a guitar cable and a speaker cable AND we refuse to stock any popular piece of guitar equipment because we know you will buy it. After all, if we did stock picks, strings, and MXR pedals, then, we won't be able to go out of business in the next 15 seconds and our self-destructive path would be undone!"

LouLoomis

Lawl.

I was at Guitar Center. This kid wanted to get a guitar for Christmas. The guy said - get this Squier Affinity. "It is a great guitar, high resale value."

Then, he proceeded to tell him to get a Boss Flanger (which he purchased) and a metal zone for his heavier stuff. All he could play was Enter Sandman first riff and the riff of Smells Like Teen Spirit. He tested those same two pedals, through a Blackstar mini-full stack on near full volume. With those same two songs. For about 30 minutes... I couldn't even hear myself think.

The funny thing? He bought the two pedals and the guitar. :facepalm:

Archived