switching pickups

jrluke

• Members

I own a Godin Radiator. I love the guitar but like so many many single coil guitars, the bridge pickup lacks the midrange punck I'm looking for. I've considered TV Jones. Any suggestions?

If I recall, TV Jones pickups are not of a standard size. Will your guitar be able to accommodate one of their pickups without additional routing/filling?

• Members

I own a Godin Radiator. I love the guitar but like so many many single coil guitars, the bridge pickup lacks the midrange punck I'm looking for. I've considered TV Jones. Any suggestions?

Aren't those some sort of slightly smaller pickups? Mini-sized, or toasters? I didn't know they were singles. Just looked, they are single coils. Personally, if you are considering spending that much, I'd consider sending them in to Brian or Pete at VV and have them rewound to your personal desires. Do you have a meter to measure their output?

• Members

That's what I was afraid of and I don't need to go through all that trouble and $. Besides the design of the guitar allows for pickup blend which is unique and gives other alternatives. Thx for the feedback. Jrluke

Archived